• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mansfield Desert

Jet smart

Don't listen to rule makers who are they to say no.  Is it council land funded by you the taxpayer. With no chance of hurting a bystander. 

Looks perfect for off road bikes. Govt need to back off and promote areas like that as recs. Wouldn't be as many druggies if they did. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RCbutcher said:

Don't listen to rule makers who are they to say no.  Is it council land funded by you the taxpayer. With no chance of hurting a bystander. 

Looks perfect for off road bikes. Govt need to back off and promote areas like that as recs. Wouldn't be as many druggies if they did. 

I couldn't agree more.

There are various areas of council owned wasteland local to me.

There has been a massive clampdown of late on off road bikes being seized and destroyed by police.

Whilst using our rcs there all of the bikers up there have been seriously kitted out, vans, trailers, nice bikes all of the kit and all at risk of having their gear confiscated.

It's an outrage.

If the younger generation were allowed to participate legally it would keep many off the streets.

Edited by Thedrum2010
  • Like 1

It's never that simple though, especially where off road bikes are concerned. Near me we do have a place they can legally be used, and the results is masses of very dangerous illegal use too.

Its easy to see why - adults can transport their bikes on a trailer, in a van or just ride road legal ones there, but for a lot of mid teen riders that's not a option. Officially they 'walk' their bikes to the track but who honestly thinks a teenager is going to lug a very heavy bike when you could just ride it. Cue lots of bikes tearing around the local footpaths, or being used unlicensed and uninsured on the roads. Obviously the local police do what they can but it still happens.

The popular answer with most locals (at least the ones without dirt bikes!) is to shut it down. But the older users that follow the law rightly protest it's not their fault others aren't. The latest move is that a new estate built closer to the area is complaining about the noise - the one thing legal users can't argue. 

Whats this got to do with RC? Well the counter was that the local flying club is just as noisy, so now that is potentially under fire too, as would be petrol or nitro cars. 

4 hours ago, Jet smart said:

Does anybody no if you can take RC cars on Mansfield Desert ,I no they have stopped people going on with off road bikes 

I think the wort that would happen is you'd be asked to move on - though there's prob local by-laws there by now (which would prob just cover 2strokes).  I lived ten mins away as a kid and it was heavily policed at times 20 plus years ago.

Tbh I thought it didn't even exist anymore - might take a run up next time I showing mini me where I grew up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I used to live right buy the desert, I was a 5min walk away

Now a 20min drive

Never been down there with the rcs

Been biking through there loads of times (not a motorcycle btw)

There loads of good areas for a bash!

But is there anything against us been there?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

• 4 years later...
2 minutes ago, Bozzy said:

Is the 'desert still accessible for using rc cars?. if so how do you access it ?.

Recently got back into the rc car world and that area would be perfect.