• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Spur gear Again

Hi Guys getting a bit fed up now of not knowing what im doing wrong this is the 3rd Spur gear that has gone,

the main motor pinion has come loose so hoping it was this, as it only lasted 1o mins

can anyone help with how to set it up,?

20160207_134015_resized_zpsi6i1s8cx.jpg

Edited by Wesjones

Something wrong there if you have gone through 3 spur gears. The MT4 G3 comes with a plastic spur and really has more force going through it on account of the bigger wheels and extra weight. Mine is showing very little wear after 2 years. Metal gears are very loud.

Setting the mesh correctly is vital also and is a compromise between a tiny bit of play and not too much that the teeth aren't meshing enough. Tight motor screws are essential.

By the way, where are you getting your TT parts from?

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 11:04 PM, Deadleg Roberts said:

Something wrong there if you have gone through 3 spur gears. The MT4 G3 comes with a plastic spur and really has more force going through it on account of the bigger wheels and extra weight. Mine is showing very little wear after 2 years. Metal gears are very loud.

Setting the mesh correctly is vital also and is a compromise between a tiny bit of play and not too much that the teeth aren't meshing enough. Tight motor screws are essential.

By the way, where are you getting your TT parts from?

I get mine off ebay worldwide search....:good:

• 3 weeks later...

I kept having pinnys coming loose on my Trophy. I found it to be the grub screws. The ones that have a recess on the point at the end are rubbish and have little surface contact threadlock done nothing. See the recess?$_57.JPG

I use something more pointed and dremmel the end down a bit more for a large flat surface, a little threadlock and holds like a rock:

$(KGrHqMOKpYFIt1kTPG(BSOiuyYb!!~~60_57.J

You can also dremmel out the recess on the others and make flat if not too small. Worth a look.

Edited by dazp1976

• 2 weeks later...
On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 01:44, dazp1976 said:

I kept having pinnys coming loose on my Trophy. I found it to be the grub screws. The ones that have a recess on the point at the end are rubbish and have little surface contact threadlock done nothing. See the recess?$_57.JPG

I use something more pointed and dremmel the end down a bit more for a large flat surface, a little threadlock and holds like a rock:

$(KGrHqMOKpYFIt1kTPG(BSOiuyYb!!~~60_57.J

You can also dremmel out the recess on the others and make flat if not too small. Worth a look.

Funny you say that I've just done exactly that on theones with not a lot surface area.