• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

33 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Be interested to see your thoughts on these two and half times the price of the zippy compacts so I hope there atleast twice as good ! 

Fantastic size and weight very impressive indeed :good:

One thing that gets me is if there really as good as they say they are why use a crappy 100a max deans connector ? 

Makes no difference to me. 

First thing I’ll be doing is sticking EC5’s on when they arrive!

Hopefully these will give my motor the power it deserves, I can’t find a better alternative for the spec/money ratio. They say they are a true 100c and being 8000Mah should give a noticable boost in run time. 

I will certainly be letting you know my thoughts when I run them. 

Edited by scoobied77
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, scoobied77 said:

Little update, I've actually cancelled my order of Graphene 4s 6000mah from hobbyking and instead (after looking about) for a bit more money you can get a much better spec battery from Ludicrous Lipo's. Nice that it's a UK company as well, reviews on them seem very positive so I'm gonna take a punt on these as they seem to be the best out there without importing from the US. They come with a 6 month warranty for piece of mind.

LUDICROUS Lipo's 8000mAh 4s 14.8v Race Spec Lipo:

LUDICROUS LI-PO's offer an excellent value by providing factory direct pricing and quality that meets or exceeds that of other major battery manufacturers. Our batteries go through strict testing and quality control procedures in order to provide extremely accurate mAh, Voltage, and C ratings.

Don't let their low cost fool you, these batteries outperform major manufacturers batteries!!

Features:
True Capacity and C-Rating
4mm Bullet Output Leads for Continuous High Current Draw
Thick 12AWG Discharge Leads
Durable Hard Case
Deans Ultra Connector
JST-XH Balance connector
4mm Bullet Leads

Capacity: 8000mAh
Voltage: 4S /Â 4 Cell / 14.8v
Discharge Rate: 100C Constant (800A) / 200C Burst (10 sec) (1600A)
Charge Rate: 2C (16.0A) Max, 1C (8.0A) Recommended
Watt Hours: 59.20 Wh 
Weight: 600G
Dimensions LxWxH: 138 x 46.5 x 45.0 mm
Discharge Plug: Deans Ultra Connector 
Balance Plug: JST-XH

592x800.jpg

Might give these a try for the DBXL-E

they look very much like these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HobbyStar-8000mAh-4S-14-8V-100C-Hardcase-LiPo-Battery-XT90-RC-Car-Buggy-Truck/172667643165?hash=item2833cb251d:g:GT8AAOSwmOJaSrkn

I have not been impressed with my Genaces when I used them in my DBXL-E they swelled on the 3rd run in the summer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rushboy2004 said:

Might give these a try for the DBXL-E

they look very much like these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HobbyStar-8000mAh-4S-14-8V-100C-Hardcase-LiPo-Battery-XT90-RC-Car-Buggy-Truck/172667643165?hash=item2833cb251d:g:GT8AAOSwmOJaSrkn

I have not been impressed with my Genaces when I used them in my DBXL-E they swelled on the 3rd run in the summer.

I got a pair of Gens ace from Amazon and a pair direct from Germany both looked identical but the ones I got from Amazon where crap wouldn’t balance and puffed sent them back and was lucky enough to get a refund. The ones I got direct are brilliant so going of this there might be some fakes floating around maybe ? 

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I ran bargain basement 4s Lipos in my Xmaxx 8s . I ran 5800 may and 6200mah 4s Zippy’s, which at the time were £30ish a pack and even had multiple runs of 4s 5000mah 20c which were £18 each. With a Max 6 and higher gearing there was simply no need for any more punch or power in an XMaxx. It used to hit 55mph+ and back flipped if I gunned it from nothing. I had 8x 4s Lipos that cost me around £180 for all 8 with connectors. I honestly think youve got rocks in your head spending £220 a pair on Lipos.... id be investing that into my charger if you havent already?

Edited by Guns

Don't know if this has been discussed before.

But.

Is it possible to fit this torsion cush drive system  out of the 8s v2 into a 6s v1.

Anyone done this? And does anyone know the parts list required?

Edited by Ady 2215

8 hours ago, Ady 2215 said:

Don't know if this has been discussed before.

But.

Is it possible to fit this torsion cush drive system  out of the 8s v2 into a 6s v1.

Anyone done this? And does anyone know the parts list required?

Yes it’s pretty straight forward to do 

Do you just want the Cush drive or both Cush drive and centre bias ? Ideally you’d want to change both. 

On 03/02/2018 at 06:53, mydoddy69 said:

Yes it’s pretty straight forward to do 

Do you just want the Cush drive or both Cush drive and centre bias ? Ideally you’d want to change both. 

Yes was going to change both.

So regarding the 8s tyres. 

Whats the difference between the 6s and 8s wheels and tyres?

I take it they are interchangeable 8s on to 6s v1?

I need a wheel but there is not much in it on the price for 6s and 8s wheel and tyre set. 

1 hour ago, Ady 2215 said:

So regarding the 8s tyres. 

Whats the difference between the 6s and 8s wheels and tyres?

I take it they are interchangeable 8s on to 6s v1?

I need a wheel but there is not much in it on the price for 6s and 8s wheel and tyre set. 

The 8s tyre is meant to be a stronger compound they do feel harder when new but I’ve managed to tear them of the rims and split them. Just glue them back up until the foams are dead then replace 

50 minutes ago, Hegs44 said:

Doh !! Any tyres/wheels for sale don’t mind used. Ta. 8832067b045dea571122969c0831ad8d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Plenty of life left in that pop down to B&Q and pick up some locktite super glue and glue it back together, don’t use the cheapo stuff it won’t hold it.