• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

has anybody used the RPM Oversized rear axle carriers,if yes are they much better,im just wondering if they are worth the price

Edited by Sharkster

1 hour ago, Sharkster said:

has anybody used the RPM Oversized rear axle carriers,if yes are they much better,im just wondering if they are worth the price

Ive only broken 2 stock ones and I'm not exactly gentle on both of mine lol bearing wise i did replace the stock ones but that was after a weekend of auqaplaning, so unless your having problems I would say no, and remeber it's only one bearing that's bigger ..

• Like 1

RPM wheely bar

Tried out at the weekend with good results,a very strong unit which aids wheeleys in off road conditions and helps stop the bumper digging in,although I think it helped the body still came off a couple of times unfortunately.

having said that I did have some very cringing heavy crashes,you know the ones.

the price of those Chinese diffs has gone up fairly I notice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ripoffbritain said:

RPM wheely bar

Tried out at the weekend with good results,a very strong unit which aids wheeleys in off road conditions and helps stop the bumper digging in,although I think it helped the body still came off a couple of times unfortunately.

having said that I did have some very cringing heavy crashes,you know the ones.

the price of those Chinese diffs has gone up fairly I notice!

Nice to know about the off road conditions might have under estimated this rpm wheelie bar, might stick one on order ;) 

Yep sadly those diffs went up over over the weekend just glad I got in before hand, mine have shipped just that long wait now for the slow boat to get here lol

I was speaking to a guy from California who has a set and he runs his on the stock motor geared 20/50 6s and I think he uses Max amp lipos so plenty of poke ? Only has around 30 runs or so but he says so far he is very happy with them and there machined well 

Still need a better front/rear bumpers though and those spindly twin supports that flex too much

i hope he's right about the diffs,no doubt you will test to destruction for us,if the pics are anything to go by they look the dogs.

I once ordered from China and it came the same week I couldn't believe it,never happened again though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ripoffbritain said:

GPM Racing have some new diffs out which look the same as the ones doddy has ordered from China town,might be a coincidence though .

All the same tis good news people's are getting involved with more option parts,bring it on.

Yep they look identical ! and there slightly cheaper now the guy on eBay has put his price up good job I got in beforehand or I'd be kicking myself lol 

Painted up those shells 

51FE7E21-A68A-474D-B801-5A229E588AA5_zps

5FB0B49F-BE11-4E7B-A39E-B40A96498401_zps

129CBA57-B9E7-4477-A620-D818D32F7A86_zps

Now I have to say a huge thanks to Praet0r87 as without his great vid I wouldn't have had a go at this effect so cheers fella :good:

For those that haven't seen his vid it's this one 

This one is pre masked so you just add colour 

6F3D1D71-83BB-4845-A74B-803717B97A6A_zps

A01B5F5A-BEC1-45C9-AB15-96A60B13CA40_zps

A389CDA4-2497-4228-8154-4E6887152F7B_zps

Just need to reinforce them with a bit of goo and tape connect the mounting brackets and away I go ;) 

• Like 3

I reckon these look wheelie nice ...... !!!

X-Wheel%2020161111-01_zpskx8115hg.jpg

X-Wheel%2020161111-02_zpsamdrd6rt.jpg

No problems clearing the bumper now. Needed a longer bolt as well - fortunately I've thousands of them and amazingly 2 I needed as well!

Al.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I reckon these look wheelie nice ...... !!!

X-Wheel%2020161111-01_zpskx8115hg.jpg

X-Wheel%2020161111-02_zpsamdrd6rt.jpg

No problems clearing the bumper now. Needed a longer bolt as well - fortunately I've thousands of them and amazingly 2 I needed as well!

Al.

Now that I'm liking :) 

So what's the size of those landing wheels or better still a link if you can to them would be brilliant :good:

12 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Now that I'm liking :) 

So what's the size of those landing wheels or better still a link if you can to them would be brilliant :good:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172213821751?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Wheel holes are oversized, but come with transparent adaptors - actually shown if you look closely!

Needed longer bolts - perhaps 30 mm instead of 25 mm RPM ones.

Packets actually said £2.25 so feel a little ripped off - so if you live nearby you'll bag them cheaper, possibly. Thinking about it, they are 2.25" so it may have been the size - OK again.

Wheels are made for largescale aircraft so should be able to withstand the Maxx wheelying ...

Al.

Edited by atom3624
  • Like 1

Is anyone up on lipo tech

just got a new charger sky rc q200 200w x 4

when charging my floureon 8000mah 3s lipos they will only charge at 4.2amp instead of 8amp ie 1c

this is the same for the other makes as well

i have checked the capacity cut off is set to 8amp.

any ideas guys,i even have a battery thats ment to charge at 3c but stil no more than about the 4.2 amp mark.

2 hours ago, Ripoffbritain said:

Is anyone up on lipo tech

just got a new charger sky rc q200 200w x 4

when charging my floureon 8000mah 3s lipos they will only charge at 4.2amp instead of 8amp ie 1c

this is the same for the other makes as well

i have checked the capacity cut off is set to 8amp.

any ideas guys,i even have a battery thats ment to charge at 3c but stil no more than about the 4.2 amp mark.

Sadly these chargers are as stretch stated only 50w per channel so 4.2 a is about as much as it can give you, which is overworking the charger when your trying to charge up 4x 8000mah 3s packs ..

To charge those Floureons at 8a you want 100w over channel minimum IMO 

I use 2 550w power supplies and 4 250w chargers and charge in seriers so I can charge up to 12 2s packs or 8 3s packs depending on there mah but these are more than good enough for my needs as I can have a good afternoons bashing and them some all charged in 2 hours lol 

Just done cleaning the X after a rather sandy / muddy afternoons bash at Oxshott great fun was had for sure no vids or pics, as to be honest I just couldn't be bothered .. There's one thing I will say, thank god I have an air compressor !! 

Decided to bite the bullet and I've ordered up a set of shock covers and a chassis protector from Dusty motors along with another set of bearings as I bet once this dries all the steering bearings and a few others will be toast !  

I have sussed it out it is as you say 200w max which is switchable between channels but is factory set at 50w x 4 so if I want I can have channel a and b at 100w each leaving nothing on the other two,which then gives me 2 x 100w

just tried out and now giving me 8 amp charge but only on two channels

great so far and can control from my phone.

just been out myself had a great time and nothing's broke,this is the third time now without diffs breaking,I getting worried.

40 minutes ago, Ripoffbritain said:

I have sussed it out it is as you say 200w max which is switchable between channels but is factory set at 50w x 4 so if I want I can have channel a and b at 100w each leaving nothing on the other two,which then gives me 2 x 100w

just tried out and now giving me 8 amp charge but only on two channels

great so far and can control from my phone.

just been out myself had a great time and nothing's broke,this is the third time now without diffs breaking,I getting worried.

No point in worrying it's not the end of the world it is anouying and over time costly though ! 

Ive not had a diff faliure since I tweaked mine, fingers crossed it stays that way until those new spiral cut ones arrive ! . 

Ive given up the idea of selling mine on even if they never sort the diffs out as its just so much fun to drive. So it breaks a bit its got a naff esc and the diffs are crap the smile factor out weighs the negatives .. I will say though it took some tweaks and head scratching and a few frustrating runs to get here but I'm glad I stuck at it 

• Like 1

Really hope the spirals are good,

dead right on the fun factor there's nothing to touch it even with its faults 

As time goes by more goodies will be available to empty our bulging wallets.

had some major crashes without the body coming off thanks to the RPM wheely bar,very happy

• Like 1