• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bikes for speed runs

ajlovering

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah and they resemble limo's not bikes either. 

the chassis are over stretched in length and look nothing like a true bike if i am honest.
i would like rules changed to be stock form chassis, no 10ft long chassis with a couple wheels bolted on. you dont see 100ft long drag bikes
only when they have a wheelie bar fitted. 

On 26/02/2016 at 17:13, Tamiyacowboy said:

yeah and they resemble limo's not bikes either. 

the chassis are over stretched in length and look nothing like a true bike if i am honest.
i would like rules changed to be stock form chassis, no 10ft long chassis with a couple wheels bolted on. you dont see 100ft long drag bikes
only when they have a wheelie bar fitted. 

How much have you actually looked into those claims?

Becuase this is a picture of the electric record holding bike, ok its stretched a bit but nothing like 10ft and still looks perfectly like a bike to me.

a2881134-135-ISC%20Bike%202009-2.jpg

• Like 2

Thats a nice bike and yep its not overstretched, but the rossa site shows this monster ( its one of the nitro bikes ) 

http://www.rossa.org.uk/ROSSAgallery/gallery8.html

and i wouldnt say its a bike its huge  even with a cowl and fairings. 

i just expected some sort of rules and regs on length aka wheel base from center pin to center pin on wheel hubs. 

i have a stocker GVP-1 and with a 9000kv with a 14 pinion and 60 spur its rated at around 62mph using rollout and drive ratios converted to give rear wheel speed maxed out.
i would love to run it but i have only one spare  head yoke brace and my whole front end has had a huge impact smash and ripped the mounting holes into a mounting slot. any slight bump causes my front wheel to travel backwards and rub the chassis base plate and upper drop braces. (its the reason it sits ontop of my PC as a static model now)

and i purchased it like that as those holes and mount points were hidden away, it took two weeks to find a part in australia have not even be able to find a suitable spur or parts that dont command 50 quid payouts or more :(