• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

opinions pls....

evssv

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Traxxas-E-Revo-Gorillamaxx-G3R-with-a-host-of-hop-ups-/262251426288?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=W3e7eRjjntCJZPIsQM%2BgtvG%2BF2c%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc jus spent last 15-20 mins on fone to him.....what would u value it at??...I know it has sum very very rare/expensive parts fitted.....:yes:.....he`s in coo coo land imo.....:lol:...I will disclose his asking price later.....

Edited by evssv

ok heres the ad

A totally unique "no expense spared" E-Revo, built over months by an experienced engineer and RC enthusiast. Too many hop-ups to list but here are a few of the highlights...

Gorillamaxx G3R chassis specially modified to allow mounting of RC Monster Slipperential, adjustable centre differential.

Novak Ballistic 8 1/8 scale sensored brushless motor

LRP iX8 600A sensored brushless ESC

MaxAmps LiPo batteries

TVR Ball-X steel CVD axles and MIP hardened steel driveshafts.

Custom painted ultra-rare bodyshell

Photo's and further description coming soon!

On 25-Jan-16 at 11:21:36 GMT, seller added the following information:

Photo's posted. Further details:

TVR RC Ball-X axles and Tor-X chassis brace.

Ace RC DS1015 servo

Tekno RC axle carriers, wing mount and battery straps. 

Traxxas TRX 7075 rods throughout

Top quality bearings throughout.

Billet machined front and rear bulkheads.

Battery pan coated in scratch-proof coating and shock absorbing base for batteries.

Upgraded shocks.

On 25-Jan-16 at 11:38:27 GMT, seller added the following information:

A few more notes to mention:

The motor and Slipperential are centre-mounted for best weight distribution, using an RC-Monster Universal Centre diff / motor mount.

There's a carbon fibre mounting plate included, for attaching radio receiver. The Futaba receiver is only included if you also wish to buy the 3PK controller that I've also listed.

On 25-Jan-16 at 11:51:47 GMT, seller added the following information:

I should have pointed out. This item is listed for sale elsewhere, so I reserve the right to withdraw from sale.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

list of extras

Hey Mike,

Here's a pic of the extra parts that are included:

A pair of Max Amps 7.4V, Hard case "True 150C" LiPo's with custom made extra-large gauge wiring harness,

Wing with video camera/recorder

3 spare tyres

Integy CNC machined billet front bulkhead and diff case. If memory serves, the diff internals include Integy diff cups and strengthened gears too.

Spare Integy pivot ball caps

Original Gorillamaxx dual motor mount and battery straps

LRP ESC programming cable

Slipperential advusting tool

Spare set of gaiters for Ball-X axles

Pair of MIP shock shafts

Good luck with the auction

Cheers!

Andy

$_12.JPG?set_id=2

Edited by evssv

The true worth of ANY object is what someone is prepared to pay.

Simple as that. If this is what you want....then it's worth whatever he can get.

If you don't want it .... then it's maybe £400 to a casual basher. Who would ruin it.

There are some RCs that sell for ridiculous money, like the unbuilt Tamiya original releases. People pay thousands for an RC tehy can never use and can never even build. It can only stay in parts in the box. But people DO buy them.

this is exactly what I told him.....he`s been in the hobby on n off for as long..if not longer than me......said he`s put about £2000 in to that revo.....I gave him the losixxl2 off here as a example.....started at 550.....now 365.....I sent him a message saying ...redo ur ebay ad but put ur asking price as a reserve and see what it gets to..u`ll b shocked...then u will have a rough idea of what u will get for it.....and my offer wasn't far from ur guess nitro.....:yes:...I wouldn't plan on ruining it..but not bashing the crap outa it......

Edited by evssv

28 minutes ago, evssv said:

no more input?:huh:?

Theres not a lot more to say, it's worth what someone will pay, and he might have 2k in it if that's his thing so using my logic you have no business selling you need to remember why you built it.

to me it has a market value of about £4-450 but I wouldn't pay that

i have approaching 40 models now and obviously not all are used all the time  but the resale value is not enough to make me sell, if I did sell i would buy very similar back at new prices so what's the point? We are all different and I know you like to trade and change your cars, but I have been burnt buying used cars off trusted members and I now hate second hand cars.

Guns posted earlier that he has had 4 savage flux cars in the past,  I just think why not buy one and keep it!

people very often post on here, for sale due to lack of use!!! What a lame excuse they don't eat anything and they are worth a lot less than when you bought it!

anyway that's my take/rant on it please excuse the long winded nature I've just got in from the pub and I'm very merry:P

he wanted atleast £750.....:blink:....I did look into what he had there as a sum of parts...and I`m well aware its a small fortune.....but still......I like to see his reserve set at 750 and see what it gets to on ebay....I did tell him to do this.....I reckon 400-500 max......if that....told him he`d get his 750 if he broke it up.....

Edited by evssv

• 3 weeks later...

I saw some super max or special emaxx stuff sell recently the prices was jaw dropping and still rising. 

Tug and guns will have valuable info on this I'm sure. If that erevo is 400 then it's a bargain I will guess.  But I'm thinking it's more like 700 lol. 

Just some plates and tat for the special traxxas I saw the other week was about £70 

I built a nitro revo 3.3 pretty well and had a fortune into it. Sadly only got 300 back which I know was still very good money on a used rc. I was trying for 350 but got haggled. 

On 28/01/2016 at 0:04 AM, sean-vrs said:

Theres not a lot more to say, it's worth what someone will pay, and he might have 2k in it if that's his thing so using my logic you have no business selling you need to remember why you built it.

to me it has a market value of about £4-450 but I wouldn't pay that

i have approaching 40 models now and obviously not all are used all the time  but the resale value is not enough to make me sell, if I did sell i would buy very similar back at new prices so what's the point? We are all different and I know you like to trade and change your cars, but I have been burnt buying used cars off trusted members and I now hate second hand cars.

Guns posted earlier that he has had 4 savage flux cars in the past,  I just think why not buy one and keep it!

people very often post on here, for sale due to lack of use!!! What a lame excuse they don't eat anything and they are worth a lot less than when you bought it!

anyway that's my take/rant on it please excuse the long winded nature I've just got in from the pub and I'm very merry:P

Agree and disagree. First of all, this is my "hobby", it costs me money. Its something I spend my expendable income on after all my boring bills and living expenses are paid. Its not an additional income. Im not doing this to gain money. I could invest my expendable income far more sensibly than that, for a decent return if that was what was required, but I dont.

Im far happier building them up, working on them, searching for parts and upgrading them than I am using them. Obviously, I do use them (or Did, I dont have a runner at the mo) but Id happily buy a kit and build it up with no intention of running it. I did have 4 Fluxes youre correct. But only one was ever purchased brand new as a Savage Flux HP. I had a Savage .21 that I converted to FULL Flux spec, a Savage XL Nitro I converted to XL Flux Spec, and a Alphastar 2350 that ended up as a Flux XL. Effectively, I probably spent more than buying 4x Flux Hp's at £600 a pop, but wheres the fun in that. I too had a collection, not quite as big as your 40, but closer to 15 Runners. I sold everything, right to my soldering iron and pit towel to leave the hobby completely, and put the money into a modified Civic Type R , another waste of money hobby. Im back this time, because an ex Moderator from here (Garry) posted a lovely pic of the HPI Jumpshot on facebook. I came on to check it out, and here we are.

The money doesn't bother me. Im not by no means well off, but as soon as you start worrying about resale value or depreciation, it stops been a hobby. IF losing money was a concern, Id be on "Trading Stock Forums" not this one. Im trading the financial loss of selling, for the experience of been on here showing pictures, wrenching on my buggy etc, and to me, its worth it. Id be perfectly fine with been the dude in the E Revo advert. Building a truck to my specification and selling it for over a grand loss. ID be fine with that, cause Ive had the experience of planning and building that up.Lets say EVSSV buys it for £500, and Ive lost £1500. He is probably happy cause he has saved £1500, but Id be thinking, he has missed out on all the fun of planning and building that just to save some money, and all he is going to do is run it up and and down etc.

Different outlooks I guess.

Edited by Guns

2 hours ago, RCbutcher said:

I saw some super max or special emaxx stuff sell recently the prices was jaw dropping and still rising. 

Tug and guns will have valuable info on this I'm sure. If that erevo is 400 then it's a bargain I will guess.  But I'm thinking it's more like 700 lol. 

Just some plates and tat for the special traxxas I saw the other week was about £70 

I built a nitro revo 3.3 pretty well and had a fortune into it. Sadly only got 300 back which I know was still very good money on a used rc. I was trying for 350 but got haggled. 

What it is "worth" and what it wil sell for are two different things. It probably is "worth" £700, but he wont get £500 for it. If you expect to get your money back buying brand new modified parts and fitting them, just like with real cars, you're in for a shock.

Supermaxx stuff is an anomolly. They were extremely high quality parts, made in very limited runs, some not avaliable any more so seem to have held their value, if not increased, but that is no the norm. I lost a fortune (way into 4 figures) on my UE SuperMaxx when I sold it in 2004, today, with that spec, if I split it Id probably get my money back

3 hours ago, Guns said:

What it is "worth" and what it wil sell for are two different things. It probably is "worth" £700, but he wont get £500 for it. If you expect to get your money back buying brand new modified parts and fitting them, just like with real cars, you're in for a shock.

this is exactly what I told him....he was shocked i thk....that's y I said put ur 750 reserve on it and stick it bak on e bay and let it run to the end.....I said u`ll b shocked/amazed at the price it`ll go for......400 max I reckon....:yes:.....i thk he panicked and pulled it off when it was only on 220 with 2 days left and no reserve first time round....silly man!:doh:!.......he knew it wasent gonna make his wanting 750 price....:yes:......I thk I stil have his number...may tx him to see if he still has it....