• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Spray Paint

Matt888

I'm looking for a fluorescent orange spray paint, to paint a clear body shell, where's the best place to find some? My local model shop isn't that good so I'm going to have to order online, any tips or links?

11 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Just remember bright flouro colours need backing with either white or silver to make the colour more solid and pop

Thanks for the tip, I think I may have done this to my Tamiya Impreza many many years ago because the car is blue but in the box is a can of silver paint and the inside of the car is silver, but it was such a long time ago that I  can't remember. 

Edited by Matt888
Spelling

6 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Yup. Although with silver you have to be careful, metal flakes can bleed through. White is easier and will give the brighter finish. 

Thanks again white it is then ?

Well it's obviously up to you. :D

Personally i'd use white, but in the end it depends on what you want the car to look like, and if it's a basher or a shelve shell.