• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which websites do you use?

Nic01

After being unamused by Hobby King recently... And waiting for parts for way too long.

Which websites in the UK/Europe do you guys use?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Well I have HobbyKings Basher Sabertooth and a Basher Rally (/based on team c gt8le )

But i might need new batteries or tx/rx or wheels. Just general websites.

ah..hobbyking....lol....uk/euro wear house is fine for me....never waited more then a wk wk1/2 max.....

Yeah. But 50+ days I've been waiting for my new RX...

New one. Well. They refunded for mine as it's knackered so i bought a new one from them.

China. Never had a problem from their China one. But waiting for that and a new ESC from China which has been 32 days.

If I need something quick and don't mind paying a little extra for speedy delivery, I use Modelsport, Fusion Hobbies or Wheelspin Models, all of which are UK-based.

For stuff I am willing to wait a few days for, Tamico in Germany is usually cheaper.

For GPM upgrades and other things hard to find in stock locally, Asiatees takes a week or two to deliver from the Far East, but all my orders have arrived within that time so far, and they are very cheap.

• Like 1

ahh..I try to not order from that warehouse if poss.....but i do order from a lot of far east places with no issues tbh....rcecho...funshobby....rcmart... asiatees to name but a few....

Was the only warehouse with my RX in stock and they credited my account so had too. I'll book mark these sites. Thanks guys.

yeah I see y u ordered it from there...this is y we say don't buy rc`s off hobbyking...yes they may b cheap and possibly half decent but then when it goes tits up....u gota play the waiting game....and it can b very annoying no doubt......

Edited by evssv

99% of my stuff come from Modelsport. If buying a kit I then add all the required parts to complete it. This has been ongoing over the last 10 years while in and out of RC.

Recently made a first order from Tamico, a kit. Quite impressed. Purchased on Sunday, dispatched Monday and arrived at my door Thursday. Very good exchange rate and no custom charges. Wouldn't hesitate to make other orders.

Ebay for some little nic nac bits :lol:  or hard to find no longer stocked parts.

Hobbyking, now then. Also made a first order recently, 13/11 and still not arrived. Didnt need it urgently but didn't expect to wait this long for it. In future I may order from the UK warehouse, but that's if I've ruled out all the above possibilities for parts first. Basically iff I'm desperate.

• Like 1

Anything electrical or kit wise I usually get from modelsport, there service is really second to none.

if it's paints then the model basement on eBay is a local shop so perfect for nipping in although I always come out with more than I intended to buy.

radshape is another venue I have bought from too, as long as you speak to the right person there of course..... 

Smd, is basically on my doorstep and I know Jamie booth anyway so deal directly with him.

then if it's stuff I can't get in uk, it comes from eBay most of the time worldwide.

exception to that is Asia tees, rcmart etc.

Depending on what model of RC, consider Freeprawn Racing: 

http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk

Used Tamico.de many, many times and their service is brilliant. They always have a 'deal of the week' on too, so there can be some proper bargains to be had.

http://www.rc-race-shop.com another good German retailer

http://www.rcbearings.co.uk for all your bearings needs.

If you're ordering from Hobbyking international warehouse get it delivered by DHL not Singpost, its a bit hit or miss with Singpost and there delivery I made two orders on the 10th of November and only one has turned up, then I made a order on the 17th of November and that has arrived, but still no sign of the first parcel.

My mate uses DHL and his parcels always arrive within a week, wish I would have listened to him now.

If you're ordering from Hobbyking international warehouse get it delivered by DHL not Singpost, its a bit hit or miss with Singpost and there delivery I made two orders on the 10th of November and only one has turned up, then I made a order on the 17th of November and that has arrived, but still no sign of the first parcel.

My mate uses DHL and his parcels always arrive within a week, wish I would have listened to him now.

I usually do. But the items i needed were only in the international warehouse. :(

35 minutes ago, Nic01 said:

I usually do. But the items i needed were only in the international warehouse. :(

Thats what I was saying most parts are only in their international warehouse but for their registered post they use Singapore post and they are very hit or miss, so my mate always uses the DHL option it's slightly more expensive but it always arrives and normally within a week. 

Where as I used the cheap option "Sing post" and I still don't have one of my orders.

• Like 1