• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Engines

scottynapalm

Agree but any HP claims from these small blocks I'd take with the smallest pinch of salt, and deffo never buy an engine based of claimed HP figures.

Some dude on HBF is making his own dyno that's not to far off been ready, be good to see what these claimed HP figures actually are dynos can be made to read what ever the tester wants.

ESP has a vid on YouTube showing this, don't quote the figures but something like 17 HP from a 26cc

Mine should turn up today/tomorrow.

I'll do an unboxing vid as there does not appear to be many online and it will be good for those sitting on the fence to see what these engines look like, straight from the factory.

With the weather being so cr@p, I won't be taking my cars out in the near future, so will take my time rebuilding the 5ive. So it may be a while before the engine is run in, but I will give a regular update as too many folks who purchased one of these engines don't follow up with post install/longevity feedback. [I'm hoping that this is because they are having so much fun, rather than any negative experience ;)].

As to the 9hp claim, I let the videos demonstrate to me how powerful the engine is....I mean, any engine that propels the heavy 5ive around like can be seen on the various YouTube vids is good enough for me. 

A few years ago I modded my motorbike, was told it should produce 120bhp, but when I had it tested on a dyno, it produced just over 100bhp at the back wheel...when challenged the mod supplier then said it was 120bhp at the crank...since then I've disregarded claimed max hp claims for any engine!

Edited by Bunny_Basher

Well, it turned up a little late due to ParcelFarce, but safe and sound. I've made an unboxing video, which is currently uploading to YouTube.

Glad to say, no horrendous discolouration in the casting as seen in some of the earlier photos from another forum.

I've got to partially disassemble the engine to install a SuperBee kill switch, so may take a few more pics tomorrow.

Just to confirm, I purchased this engine from Adam, Baja Cars. I did initially contact SCZ Racing direct, but their export price with shipping from China was about the same as buying from Adam here in the UK. He has UK stock and sells via his online webpage so there is no danger of being hit with extra Duty/VAT charges as may happen if you buy from outside the EU.

Edited by Bunny_Basher

Nice vid. I'm interested to see if it fits in the blackout St. The centre to rear drive driveshaft may get in the way of the crank casing.

I've been testing a few BZM petals .25 carbon and .35 fibre those are the sizes measured they should have been .24 and .37 never the less I've got decent results with the .35 fibre petal, but the stock fibre petals a plenty good enough for middle of the road running.