• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FlySky tx compatibility with flight control boards?

Ninja_Maple

Hello friends! sorry to bother. 

Ive been reading and purchasing parts for my first quadcopter since monday, i think i have ran into something and need assistance.

I purchased this transmitter with receiver http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00WUE6GWK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

and now comes to the flight control board. i cant seem to understand this...do i have to buy a flight control board that supports my transmitter and receiver? 

i was looking at the NAZE 32 board, in the "features" it says supports standard receivers (PWM), PPM Sum receiver (FrSky, etc), SBUS, or Spektrum satellite receivers. I can't find anything in the transmitter's manual about PWM, PPM SUM or SBUS. However the transmitter specs shows "Output: PPM" is that the same as PPM SUM?

The only parts i need left is a lipo and the flight control board, but im stuck on this, so ill sleep on it.

cheers!

Hi mate iam not 100% but iam useing the flysky i6 little better then the t6 snaller and better range on the cc3d board works fine with the t6/i6 so it should be ok with the naze

awesome thanks! yeah i also got told by other users with T6 transmitter that it works with the naze32 via PWM.

im all set! :D

• 2 weeks later...

That FlySky combo is cheap for a reason ;)

The Tx is not the important thing here, it is the Rx which you need to worry about as this is the item physically connected to the flight controller.

It seems that the R6-B Rx is unable to output PPM unless you connect/use a PWM to CPPM encoder. This device connects to the receiver outputs and then combines multiple PWM (pulse width modulated) signals into a single CPPM (combined pulse position modulated) signal.

As advised by previous posters, there are better Rx units out there for quads and airborne RC craft using digital flight controllers.