• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

bashing vs racing ....

Matt1986

The initial budget was important as my misses is buying it with around £200 in mind but I can top it up a bit and can buy components as and when . Not in a rush to complete . Parents. Be buying me reciever and transmitter . Only tyres , batt , charger , motor and esc to buy . 

It says 4 cell lipos , what's the voltage ? 

u'll  b looking at another 250+ for the rest of it if not more. . decent Combo 125+......lipos 30 ish each...u'll  want r atleast 3-4 of them. ...charger.  30-60+ depending  which u go for....wheels /tyres 25-35??.....odds n ends..oils..plugs..leads ect. 30+....its nice buying  new but it's a damn lot dearer..can u solder aswell??..going brushless  u will guaranteed need to solder somthing  sooner rather then later. .....I couldn't  solder for crap a year or 2 ago.. now I'm  not bad at it ... ..I used to rely on others to do but  it became  arpita   so I learnt  to do it meself   .....   

Edited by evssv

shox oils. ..diff oils...pinions.  ..esc/lipo plugs  ..there's a million  to choose  from....  charges leads... if u need to make anyup...paints if the shell is clear. . ...solderer kit... unless u have it already. ...

Edited by evssv

That's good then.....every one will  tell u what they use. .. Each will b different. ..I use xt90's on all our  1/8th  rc's. ...btw I'm a basher through n through. ....tried racing once. .  With a nitro. ...and it wasn't for me...maybe  a different  story  with a brushless  rc to race with. .... . but there's plenty of racers on here with good info.. 

Edited by evssv

Lipo's:

1s is 1 cell, 2s 2 cell 3 etc..

1cell is 3.7V nominal and 4.2V is fully charged.  Cells deteriorate faster if they go below 3.6V and if they go below 3.0V consider it fubared (for now)

4s = 14.8V (4x3.7) nominal (written on the pack usually.

4s = 16.8V when fully charged.

Please start reading into lipo safety :)

++++

I urge you to attempt to conform to 'racing regulations' prior to purchase (to save buying twice).  Namely hard case lipo's but there may be other restrictions.  Ask at ya track ;)

As for extras: you will need:

• Tools.  Eds or Arrowmax imo.  (know if the kit screws are metric or imperial!)  A Shock shaft tool is useful too.
  • A Brca license and insurance for racing.  (think thats the Uk name)
  • Extra 10 or 12 guage silicon cable is handy as are
  • Connectors (bullets usually when racing but..
  • Pinions
  • Shock and diff oils (more diffs = more oils)
  • different Fitting Shock springs.
  • Brake cleaner
  • Somewhere to put it all.

Only got a 80w iron for heavier cables , guessing should be ok for battery cables ?  See a lot of deans connections about 

i will start reading up into lipo safety and I would of though racing regulations would be the same for each track guvourned by the brca as there is a handbook you can download . Or is that me just assuming ???

Racing gives the rc an actual purpose which I like just can't get to any tracks yet.  Bashing alone gets boring fast but also probably more fun in the right places. But I would like to race some day. But I doubt I would use the same rc I bash to race with.