• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Baja 5t to sell or not to sell.. Help!

Ibleednitro

I do this everytime I get a 1/5th scale but this is by far the best one I've had. Seriously upgraded and  a 30cc mmr 4bolt. But will people pay decent money for something like this or am I better off splitting or maybe just keeping it? Help!

Why are you considering selling it? Think on, if you do sell and then decide to return to 1/5th, it'll cost more to build another to the same spec.

If selling, parting out seems to net a good return, depending on quality and condition of parts fitted. Bargain price KM's have had an effect on second hand HPI prices though, regardless of how 'special' yours is. You can test the water for the sake of a FS ad ;)

• Like 1

My mummy says I'm special but that's a different story, it's not necessarily special but from what I've heard we recently lost a great bashing spot so running out of places to take it. Don't get me wrong its hardly the finest baja about buts it's just been done right with the worthwhile upgrades. And I do enjoy seeing it parked on display in my office where its a regular subject of conversation with customers.

If it helps, our pair of badgers and my 5ive have hardly turned a wheel in anger again this year, I'll never sell 'em on, like yours, built with what I consider to be essential upgrades. Not through lack of bashing space (all brushless), just been one of those years but they WILL run again, and look damned fine doing so.

As Mond so rightly points out, they make bloody awesome shelfers in the meantime :lol:

There is the brushless option of course if it appeals? 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking for a cage and like the green on yours. My shell will be black and green anyway let me know a price if it matches ones I've missed I'll defo take it. 

Oh I have the dom 5t pipe does that fit with the chase cage? 

If you sell, you're likely to lose money on what you've paid.. Unless you need the cash stick it in the loft. Its not a cheap hobby and you'll regret selling if you decide to come back or decent bash spots become available......

• Like 1