• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

3Racing Sakura D4 appreciation thread

PurpleDrumstick

Rebuilt and reinstalled the electrics in the car tonight after a getting feed up last night swapping servos and receivers around also moved battery hold to the back of car. Looks much better and drift better.. Although I do have the gyro working and up high. Also set the ESC up with a lot less punch etc as not the off roader lol

d428521fcfb0328e58767cffc5214c8c.jpg

Just need to sort out the body posts a new faster smaller metal geared servo poss the think about paint etc for my new shell lights etc then done

Rebuilt and reinstalled the electrics in the car tonight after a getting feed up last night swapping servos and receivers around also moved battery hold to the back of car. Looks much better and drift better.. Although I do have the gyro working and up high. Also set the ESC up with a lot less punch etc as not the off roader lol

d428521fcfb0328e58767cffc5214c8c.jpg

Just need to sort out the body posts a new faster smaller metal geared servo poss the think about paint etc for my new shell lights etc then done

lari, did your main shaft go together ok or was it all really tight? im having same problem as chrissy

so my opinion of this chassis so far. Cheap, taccy poorly made s**t. All plastic components have no threads in, you have to thread them by winding the screws in, half the time the screws dont go in straight. The main shaft, dont even get me started on that. the two pulley gear adaptors are meant to slide down the shaft and be secured on the slots on the shaft. Erm, no. Being very mechanically/engineering minded i have filed, sanded and messed around with the main shaft and adaptors and STILL cant get them to go on. 

So all in all: 

Would i recommend this chassis to a friend: NO

Would i consider buying something from this company again: NO

Im still on bag 2, i have 80% of the build left, what else am i going to encounter???? im that angry, ive given up for the night. They will be having a rather shirty email with a few demands. Time to upset someone i think.

Yep it was tight one side more than on the other side but it does do on it may pay to use some of the shock oil to lub it up.

i will give that a go mate but still, they are having a complaint which im on with writing up now while im still angry lol 

wowsers some bad experiences. i had no issue when building apart from the missing parts. which has now been corrected wooooooooooo

it has had it maiden voyage and it drifts lovely. not perfect yet but a damn sight better then the D3 was when box stock

I drifted all friday and no issues no broken parts. no belts broken nothing all is good.

So finally able to get on the forum again. Has anyone else had any issues??

Anyway got bored with the white shell I had so got the knife out and had a play.....

204dddba30167ae5479359d9c1c47ce5.jpg2eefb4a1951116199239609e133f0939.jpgdc930c1fea0568e39aef4a39b87ee193.jpg

Don't like the body posts sticking out so sorted that..

6d0d187057ae9a4fcbe50b212b4fb8fa.jpg

6d6a774736cc6996bb100351a672acd4.jpg

7c67f332302a3aabfb9ead2169edca78.jpg

Looking good mate. Have you removed the body posts all together?

Yep gone mate. Just used Velcro on brackets Buddy not my favourite shell be for but was fun making it look like this on the evening whilst watching telly

ce6e4cc99350a69abd8159ee1bcad696.jpg

68a363145356629b5607b377111e0109.jpg

nice work on the shell pal. mines an AWD so no need for a gyro.

like the mod for the body mounts i too hate using body posts, but also hate setting up stealth mounts. hmm the dilema

Ah didn't realise you had gone awd lol

nice work on the shell pal. mines an AWD so no need for a gyro.

like the mod for the body mounts i too hate using body posts, but also hate setting up stealth mounts. hmm the dilema

Thanks buddy

Setting up the stealth mods was really easy to be honest

Ah didn't realise you had gone awd lol

yeah, was gonna give RWD a whirl eventually but i'll strip belt off the AWD to do that.

Thanks buddy

Setting up the stealth mods was really easy to be honest

It aint hard. just the initial tweeking to get it to sit right and in right place shell on and off. and back on. not my idea of fun.