• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lipo Repair, connection pulled off

Tomlad

I took my firestorm out for a bash today, and it lasted about 15/20 minutes then stopped. So I thought it was low voltage cut off.

Brought it home and tried to charge and got a Connection break error on my charger.

This particular lipo I had opened up before after suspecting a loose cable (This is what has probably led to it breaking) so I whipped the case off and saw one of the connections had broken off.

Is there a way to repair this? or is it buggered. It looks like it was pressed on originally and I wouldn't want to go near it with a soldering iron.

IMAG0066.jpg

Right bugger that, me being brave and a nutter unfortunately not that good at soldering. Just nearly shorted it as there's not enough to solder it to. Oh well

next question is how do i dispose of this safely as I cant drain it?

I drain mine using a car bulb or brushed motor then stick in a bucket of salt water for a week then throw away in household rubbish. The salt water also disolves the battery tabs so it's possible that if not discharged first even after a salt bath that charge will still remain.

well one day i had nothing better to do so i stuck a spike into all the lipos.  and all were totally dead.    i had to stick the lipo in the water fully charged as it puffed up and i didn't want it going off.

• Like 1