• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:1 Motorbikers

HYPER-BOY

tRIED TO PUT MY NEW CHAIN AND SPROCKETS ON TODAY BUT THE CRUSH DRIvE IS TOTALLY CRUSHED.oRDERED A NEW ONE ANYWAY.Poo, caps lock.

Bust my headlighr bulb and lost a spring off my carb....not bad for a days work!

J

13267908_10154194603994699_1942815321466694651_n.jpg

Edited by yoodoo
  • Haha 1

I helped clean this awfulness out of my petrol tank :o

Yuck.thumb.jpg.9e33ed521095498b5b373436cbd389b0.jpg

Edited by MissT
Forgot some bits.

It was me. I forgot to upload the photo the first time :D

I've no idea how those black twizzly things and piles of sand got in there. Presumably via the filler cap at some point :nuke:

Didn't you have any success with your bike at all today?

Hmmm , strange.:boredlook:. No , I had all intentions of getting it running better but messed a whole lot more up and with out the crush drive I can't proceed. I had this jerking when throttling it an presumed it was the wear on the chain/sprockets but it was the spring that holds the needle valve where it should be , but I had a spare carb so not too bad.

J

• Haha 1

Your organisation is poor. If you had a Thai wife he would do all that for you ;)

My carb is also on the bench. How those things work is a mystery. My job was to clean a little brass thing with a microscopic hole through it. I couldn't even see it unaided :rolleyes:

I watched a documentary about Thai women and English men some time ago. The women weren't actually women unless your criteria includes silicon boobs and male genitalia!

Jets. Those were the things. I used a microscope and some very thin wire. It worked and I look forward to a nice smooth engine at some point in the future.

LED glasses? Please tell me more!

They look a bit like mine! :lol:

I have a big old photographers light in the garage so it's ok most of the time and I don't go down there in the evenings anyway.

They're actually just fashion glasses and my hair isn't that colour without the help of a wig, it was for work.

I slept until 11 then fiddled about indoors before bullyimg my mechanic into supervising me in the garage for a short while :)

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, MissT said:

Your organisation is poor. If you had a Thai wife he would do all that for you ;)

My carb is also on the bench. How those things work is a mystery. My job was to clean a little brass thing with a microscopic hole through it. I couldn't even see it unaided :rolleyes:

lol little brass thing with a hole in it aka the main jet ...... 

theres a little tip i can offer up here, grab a old bit of wire , strip back around 3 inch of the plastic covering and take a single thin strand from the twist , cut it of and use that to push through the jet hole , give it a good wiggle around as your push in through a few times ...... give the jet a rinse in carb cleaner - petrol then blow it out with a can of air ( can use a straw to blow through to ) , jobs done and its just installing it . 

when installing do not be cranking it down as tight as you can, just snug it down so it wont back itself out when installed on bike/scooter , if you go to far you can crack the main jet tube it fits into and then your paying for a new carb not a £2 jet 

• Thanks 1

I did clean them in a similar way, and blew through the holes with a can of compressed air. There were about 3 of the brass things to clean. The re-installation I left to my expert. 

Hopefull it'll cure the problems but until we find a new cold starting device there's no way of testing it out :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, MissT said:

I did clean them in a similar way, and blew through the holes with a can of compressed air. There were about 3 of the brass things to clean. The re-installation I left to my expert. 

Hopefull it'll cure the problems but until we find a new cold starting device there's no way of testing it out :rolleyes:

auto choke ? 

sfera 125  i ahve the carb stats for that  your mech will be able to find a mikuni auto choke  heres the carb sats and the carb type so he knows 

sfera 125 mikuni BS24-1J
pilot screw setting not available
float hight 12.2mm
starter jet 40
pilot jet 20
main jet 87.5
needle clip setting 4CZ6 ( 3rd notch down from top)

also aj sutton  pop in your reg number and it brings up the oem parts  you should find the auto choke listed there 

https://www.ajsutton.co.uk/

Edited by Tamiyacowboy
  • Thanks 1

Hello peeps,

Here’s my stable...

2002 Aprilia Tuono R Limited This is a beast of a bike, a real handful, no electronics at all just old school power.

large.IMG_1448.JPG.f1bbd78047aace071ca06

2008 Aprilia Caponord ETV1000, same engine as above but detuned a little. Fantastic long distance Adventure Tourer...

large.IMG_1389.JPG.f3fe716c67152a87b59d5

1993 ZXR750R M1 Homologation, this has always been my dream bike, been in love with them since I saw my first ZXR back in ‘92.

large.59bd74776277f_RF0A2150(Large).JPG.

1986 Katana GSX750SE Pop Up - You can blame Tamiya for this. First bike I fell in love with around 1986 after seeing it in the Tamiya catalogue under their static models, Street Hawk had just aired and this was the coolest bike I’d ever seen, complete with a pop up headlight!!

large.IMG_1824.JPG.56a290a3815305111e9f4

And finally, another i loved from back in the day when I first started riding, I remember seeing a photo of it coming towards the camera in a magazine powering over a crest with both wheels off the ground, left a impression on my young mind...

1993 Ducati 907IE styled by the awesome Massimo Tamburini (his first clean sheet Ducati)

large.59d0d4f52621c_RF0A2189(Large).JPG.

:)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tamiyacowboy said:

auto choke ? 

sfera 125  i ahve the carb stats for that  your mech will be able to find a mikuni auto choke  heres the carb sats and the carb type so he knows 

sfera 125 mikuni BS24-1J
pilot screw setting not available
float hight 12.2mm
starter jet 40
pilot jet 20
main jet 87.5
needle clip setting 4CZ6 ( 3rd notch down from top)

also aj sutton  pop in your reg number and it brings up the oem parts  you should find the auto choke listed there 

https://www.ajsutton.co.uk/

Oh wow, thanks for that! :007:

Yes I meant the auto choke. I'll get on to AJ Sutton today.