• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Failsafe not safe

Wigglefish

Ok really confused , i recently crashed my nitro buggy and had to rebuild a few parts, suspension and throttle servo.

Installed new servo hitec HS 311 and all looked ok working fine. Went and attach my failsafe but no matter what i try i cant get it to set. Though it might be faulty so bought a new one and the same thing is happing. Has anyone got any ideas what it could be, really want to get out for a run with it but cant until i sort out this issue.

hi wiggle,

what failsafe is it ?

what failsafe did you have ? 

look at your old failsafe are the wires white -red-black 

but your new failsafe wires are brown orange and red ? 

if your plugging in and your getting no life at all from the failsafe, remove it and test.

do the servos swing when commanded ? , does the rx show a solid light state showing its powered up. 

for the brown red orange combo the leads are

Brown = ground or negative

Red = Positive 

Orange = signal.

pin wise on  your receiver you find

the lowest pin is ground

the middle pin is positive 

the most upper pin is signal. 

sometimes you may have the brown and orange the wrong way as postitive is normaly always the center pin.

and because the signal wire is not grounded the system fails to work or in worse case the rx smokes

hi wiggle,

what failsafe is it ?

what failsafe did you have ?

look at your old failsafe are the wires white -red-black

but your new failsafe wires are brown orange and red ?

if your plugging in and your getting no life at all from the failsafe, remove it and test.

do the servos swing when commanded ? , does the rx show a solid light state showing its powered up.

for the brown red orange combo the leads are

Brown = ground or negative

Red = Positive

Orange = signal.

pin wise on your receiver you find

the lowest pin is ground

the middle pin is positive

the most upper pin is signal.

sometimes you may have the brown and orange the wrong way as postitive is normaly always the center pin.

and because the signal wire is not grounded the system fails to work or in worse case the rx smokes

Hi Tamiya cowboy,

Yes trottle servo response to commands with the failsafe attached, i have a red light flashing meaning all is ok with the battery voltage. Solid red light means low voltage. My old failsafe was red black and white, new one is brown red orange its a GV 100 i think.

I go the set it by switching on transmitter and then receiver apply breaks and press the set button on the failsafe. When i go to test if it has worked by switching of my transmitter the throttle servo jumps to full open.

I will try to post vid later today.

Ok my trottle servo has stopped working, cant even hear an eletrical signal coming from it. Looks like i will have to order a new one, has anyone got any ideas what one to go for as the last one was cheap dont mind speading a bit more. Budget would be around