• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Basher BSR

yoodoo

How long till Xmas?  Keep seeing mini me's in the loft and wondering if a quick test run with the castle 2650 and a HW 150a quicrun will show  :whistling:

Is that what your going to run it with? I was thinking use it with the standard esc/motor until it dies then fit upgraded parts or if they last that long it could be a Xmas pressie.

What about the diffs you thinking of upgrading them? Would the option ones make that much difference?

Let us all know how you get on with them , mine is still packed away , still a few more weeks before i can try a damage something lol..

Why packed away mate?

8 more days for me, cannot wait.

And why 8ight more days?

How long till Xmas?  Keep seeing mini me's in the loft and wondering if a quick test run with the castle 2650 and a HW 150a quicrun will show  :whistling:

Naaaw,get mini me the tenth scale and let daddy have the big one....GO ON...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO! ha ha.

Is that what your going to run it with? I was thinking use it with the standard esc/motor until it dies then fit upgraded parts or if they last that long it could be a Xmas pressie.

What about the diffs you thinking of upgrading them? Would the option ones make that much difference?

Well I have to say that its probably one of the best cars I have ran for the money and I have had/have some cars.You won't be disappointed.Its not up there with the big boys but can easily be made to be with a few quid and some good set ups.

I think it seriously needs a center diff and I'm looking at other forums to what people have done to it.But being a fairly new car there is not much feedback on such things.

Nooo!  That's my speed run option for the buggies...... plan is to run the stock set up till it either a: dies or b: I see how much wear the stock system has caused the diffs when it's first split for a service.  Either way it'll end up with whatever I have 'spare' - the diffs, smaller wheels and rally type use does suggest that a higher KV motor than a buggy would be a good match though.

Why packed away mate?

And why 8ight more days?

Naaaw,get mini me the tenth scale and let daddy have the big one....GO ON...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO! ha ha.

If only - mini me has a 10th already, I'm hoping this will help motivate his enthusiasm for RC a little more, because at the moment it's waning :/  Daddy already has a few 1/8 options.....Hyper 7e, Hyper ST Pro-e, Hong Nor X1 CR Pro-e & CRT-e and the newest addition to the fleet:

21135899156_0d1e078cd0_o.jpg

Well I have to say that its probably one of the best cars I have ran for the money and I have had/have some cars.You won't be disappointed.Its not up there with the big boys but can easily be made to be with a few quid and some good set ups.

I think it seriously needs a center diff and I'm looking at other forums to what people have done to it.But being a fairly new car there is not much feedback on such things.

Apologies for dbl post folks.

Centre diff is def one of the things I shall look at - the team C gr8 chassis is avail as a buggy so there is a stock option out there that should drop straight in.

Well mate ,you are going to love your present.I can give you a quick set up as to what I have done and with stock tyres its pretty good.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm a complete newb, so far although I'm not supposed to touch it I've put the motor spacer in, fitted softer springs and different capped wheel nuts.

What odds will that make Neil?

Steeper geared diff's so will increase speed like for like (as well as extra strain on the drivetrain/electrics).

I think I mentioned it before but the whole thing is geared very low stock - I'd have suggested it was done in deference to the esc but it looks like the Team C stock version is geared the same way.  Just odd.  1/8 buggies cope with 3.3 ratio diff's fine, so a more rally use focused chassis with smaller wheels shouldn't have an issue.

Looking forward to a day or two off work when mini me is with his mum, will give her a more thorough look and see where else improvements can be made if / when it's too slow or breaks.

Steeper geared diff's so will increase speed like for like (as well as extra strain on the drivetrain/electrics).

I think I mentioned it before but the whole thing is geared very low stock - I'd have suggested it was done in deference to the esc but it looks like the Team C stock version is geared the same way.  Just odd.  1/8 buggies cope with 3.3 ratio diff's fine, so a more rally use focused chassis with smaller wheels shouldn't have an issue.

Looking forward to a day or two off work when mini me is with his mum, will give her a more thorough look and see where else improvements can be made if / when it's too slow or breaks.

I took mine out yesterday and with the 17T pinion upgrade I think I'll stick to stock.I have roughly clocked mine at 45 MPH ish on Turnigy 4s 5000's and thats good enough for me :thumbsup: .The tyres are pretty ***** and the shell is the same but overall the cars is wicked! :yahoo:

Tyre wear after 15 mins on smooth (Asda car park) tarmac.

20150914_130436_zpskqunix9e.jpg

Go on....take it for a good ragging and buy the little 'un something else..ha ha ha :whistling: 

Go on....take it for a good ragging and buy the little 'un something else..ha ha ha :whistling: 

haha - i've too many toys as is!  Hopefully this will cement mini me's RC interest - it's flagging a bit atm - mostly as his 1:10 buggy is carp offroad and boring on the street.  

That tyre wear is shocking!  I think i'll source some other road tyres to go with it at Xmas.  Shell

I'll get a few pics of the shell tomorrow mate and show you what I mean.I think if you duct tape the insides on the stress points,i.e the front/rear bumper,and arches it could be ok for light medium bashing but the spoiler is a definite no no!

I know its early days but the car itself is a scorcher and I do like the 1/8 scale.

I recently sold the last of my fourteen large scale 2 strokes and I knbow what you mean by the flimsy shells.The KM cars/trucks had diabolical shells whereas the HPI's were much better,like the Shengq and the FG's,you get what you pay for!

I hope your lad does get into the RC scene as it needs new member all the time and I don't think he will go wrong with the Basher. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I took mine out yesterday and with the 17T pinion upgrade I think I'll stick to stock.I have roughly clocked mine at 45 MPH ish on Turnigy 4s 5000's and thats good enough for me :thumbsup: .The tyres are pretty ***** and the shell is the same but overall the cars is wicked! :yahoo:

Tyre wear after 15 mins on smooth (Asda car park) tarmac.

20150914_130436_zpskqunix9e.jpg

The fronts were  not too bad,I'll post a pic tomorrow but this thing definatly needs a centre diff.I have a set of Hyper knocking about somewhere that I bought for a Emaxx project but never used them.

Picture078_zpsc838c379.jpg

The Maxx in question...(still unfinished!)

20150208_131311_zps5lwx6tgf.jpg

I'll get a few pics of the shell tomorrow mate and show you what I mean.I think if you duct tape the insides on the stress points,i.e the front/rear bumper,and arches it could be ok for light medium bashing but the spoiler is a definite no no!

I know its early days but the car itself is a scorcher and I do like the 1/8 scale.

I recently sold the last of my fourteen large scale 2 strokes and I knbow what you mean by the flimsy shells.The KM cars/trucks had diabolical shells whereas the HPI's were much better,like the Shengq and the FG's,you get what you pay for!

I hope your lad does get into the RC scene as it needs new member all the time and I don't think he will go wrong with the Basher. :thumbsup:

Someone told me to put shoo goo inside the body I think that was what it was called anyway.

Where did you get your 17t pinion gear? Have you got a link? What size is fitted as standard?

Hiya Matt,sorry bud I forgot to get back to you on the set up.I can't remember where the 17T came from I bought it years ago for another project that never came about (XRAY) Shoo Goo is the one! excellent,you jogged my memory ha ha.

Set up I found ok on stock tyres......

Rear tower.....Middle hole top.

Inside hole bottom.

10mm spacers 

Front tower.... Outter hole top.

Inside hole bottom.

8mm spacers.

Bit hard on rear tyres but that might be the diff also.

Someone told me to put shoo goo inside the body I think that was what it was called anyway.

Where did you get your 17t pinion gear? Have you got a link? What size is fitted as standard?

Shoe goo (pretty much contact adhesive) and dry wall tape set into it and the shell will be great.

17t pinion - any lhs will have them - or just search ebay etc for a mod 1 (the gear 'size') 17t pinion - 5mm shaft (standard size).  Get a hardened steel one if you can, there about

After spending most of the day yesterday tinkering with the basher I took the car for a quick spin, first problem, I saw on another thread somebody said the shocks were too hard and changed the springs for softer ones, so I bought the same ones, big problem the car was so low everytime I decelerated or went over anything higher than a rizzla paper the body scraped.

Took the car home and refitted the standard springs and all the spacers.

Took thd car out again tonight everything was great until I noticed my 4wd car was now a fwd oh no.

Didn't take my glasses, lucky Deadbolt was with me so he located the fault a loose grub screw on the rear diff cup, tightened it up and away we went again, after the 4th time of tighening it we gave up.

Took the car home again and I've now lock tightened the front and rear grub screws and I'll take it out again tomorrow, hopefully nothing else will come loose or fall off. When the car was running I have to say it was superb loads of fun.

Also just noticed the front of the body has cracked, so I'll be searching for some Shoe Goo tomorrow, any ideas where I can get some?

After spending most of the day yesterday tinkering with the basher I took the car for a quick spin, first problem, I saw on another thread somebody said the shocks were too hard and changed the springs for softer ones, so I bought the same ones, big problem the car was so low everytime I decelerated or went over anything higher than a rizzla paper the body scraped.

Took the car home and refitted the standard springs and all the spacers.

Took thd car out again tonight everything was great until I noticed my 4wd car was now a fwd oh no.

Didn't take my glasses, lucky Deadbolt was with me so he located the fault a loose grub screw on the rear diff cup, tightened it up and away we went again, after the 4th time of tighening it we gave up.

Took the car home again and I've now lock tightened the front and rear grub screws and I'll take it out again tomorrow, hopefully nothing else will come loose or fall off. When the car was running I have to say it was superb loads of fun.

Also just noticed the front of the body has cracked, so I'll be searching for some Shoe Goo tomorrow, any ideas where I can get some?

Ebay, though it's often cheaper to buy automotive goo (same stuff, same brand).  I'm also told that it's merely contact adhesive - in which case my local

I am thinking of trimming the shell, maybe 5mm off the front only, the rest of the body is fine, then I'll try it again if it still rubs take another 5mm off.

I've got two shells so if I mess one up it's not too big a deal.

Capri-boy before you hand it over to your lad give it a good once over with the lock tight and also I've been told that hobbyking put grease in the diffs instead of oil it's 10000 cSt in the front and 5000 cSt in the rear.

If I have anymore problems I'll post them on here, get some serated wheel nuts too they have a tendency to fall off.

Cheers, was the plan to threadlock metal to metal etc, have already got some nice enclosed wheelnuts ready too.  Hadn't planned on doing the diff's tbh - assumed they'd be oiled but might need to make time now - thanks.