• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Want to do a brushless convertion on my thunder tiger S50

I might have to strech the the budget a bit. Ive been told that I can keep the original gear box on the S50 by locking it into second gear does any one know were I can find out how to do this.

there is a motor mount on ebay which let's u run a vorza centre diff..about 35-40 quid. ...mounts straight on then all u need is a combo and ur done. ....here it is http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261949578075&alt=web Edited by evssv

Yes you can keep gearbox. I have one. Using the rcmonster mount. It needs the lower kV motor. I have a 2000kv leopard on there and it is too high kV really. You can't get smaller than a 17 tooth ponipn with that mount... So choose motor accordingly. I want to out a 1600 or 1300 kV motor in there to run 4 to 6 cell.

I bought a gearbox forward only kit to lock it on second... It is possible to do it yourself do a search for associated MGT conversion as they are same vehicle for US market.

O believe some people also keep the mechanical brakes to put less stress on motor esx and give longer runtime.

Threadlock and shim everything well. I have had troubles with losing pins from odd places. I now use cable ties and tape on the centre cvd robstop pins falling out if threadlock fails.

The jump well. Run withoutba shell and you will kill your shock towers...

Might be interested in letting my rc monster mount go if you are interested? I fancy trying centre diff. PM me. I can get them from the US easily too.. Benefit of having colleagues in Walnut Creek.:)