• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 pull start

Darwrt1969

hi everyone I have a habao hyper 7 .21 3 port engine and I have just bought a new pull start for it part no 21025. But I noticed the hex at the back of the pull start is 10mm and the shaft hex on the engine is 12mm. Anyone got any suggestions please. Thanks

Mmm...I can only see the same part numbers for the pullstart (H21025) and for the hex (H21024)....the hex size of H21024 is 10mm...

Got pictures of the engine?

If the diameter of the shaft is the same, could you not just get a 10mm hex one way bearing?

Hyper .21 engines have the one way bearing inside the engine...the hex is part of the shaft that goes through the backplate to the OWB.

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/diagrams/HoBao/Engines/HB_Engine_settings_Hyper_21%20_3-Port.pdf

• Like 1

Hyper .21 engines have the one way bearing inside the engine...the hex is part of the shaft that goes through the backplate to the OWB.

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/diagrams/HoBao/Engines/HB_Engine_settings_Hyper_21%20_3-Port.pdf

Ah right...................Sorry, I didn't realise that.  I wondered why no-one had suggested it.................lol

• 2 weeks later...

you got the wrong pull start obviously so buy the right one simple

Not simple really.

As I said the only part number I can find for the Hyper.21 pullstart is H21025....that pullstart has a fitting for a 10mm hex.

The only part number I can find for the hex is H21024...the hex is 10mm.

I am very familiar with the Hyper .21 engines and have never come across a 12mm hex nor a pullstart with a fitting for a 12mm hex...I have and have had many Hyper engines with the earliest cases through to the newest...so it is a bit of a mystery to me...hence me asking for pictures of the engine in question.

Not simple really.

As I said the only part number I can find for the Hyper.21 pullstart is H21025....that pullstart has a fitting for a 10mm hex.

The only part number I can find for the hex is H21024...the hex is 10mm.

I am very familiar with the Hyper .21 engines and have never come across a 12mm hex nor a pullstart with a fitting for a 12mm hex...I have and have had many Hyper engines with the earliest cases through to the newest...so it is a bit of a mystery to me...hence me asking for pictures of the engine in question.

is simple idk if he got it 2nd hand or not but if he did the last owner must have put wrong hex and pull start on it so simple get the right hex or even if he did get it new can still just put a 10mm hex on it or get a pull start that will fit 

is simple idk if he got it 2nd hand or not but if he did the last owner must have put wrong hex and pull start on it so simple get the right hex or even if he did get it new can still just put a 10mm hex on it or get a pull start that will fit 

To my knowledge it is not a case of someone putting the wrong hex on it...lol

If you have some experience with what you are talking about...specifically the Hyper.21 engine...then blast away.

As I said (with experience of the Hyper.21 engine)...I am not aware of a shaft with a 12mm hex nor a pullstart that fits a 12mm hex for the aforementioned Hyper.21 engine.

If you have some part numbers...or know something that I do not know then I am all ears...I love these little details..for me they make the hobby fun. I do not profess to know everything and everyday is a learning day...hence (again) me asking for pictures of the engine...hoping that I could determine the age of the engine...helping me to identify the engine or determine why there is a shaft with a 12mm hex.

To my knowledge it is not a case of someone putting the wrong hex on it...lol

If you have some experience with what you are talking about...specifically the Hyper.21 engine...then blast away.

As I said (with experience of the Hyper.21 engine)...I am not aware of a shaft with a 12mm hex nor a pullstart that fits a 12mm hex for the aforementioned Hyper.21 engine.

If you have some part numbers...or know something that I do not know then I am all ears...I love these little details..for me they make the hobby fun. I do not profess to know everything and everyday is a learning day...hence (again) me asking for pictures of the engine...hoping that I could determine the age of the engine...helping me to identify the engine or determine why there is a shaft with a 12mm hex.

a nitro engine is a nitro engine at the end of the day I can very easy put different mm hex's and pull starts on my engines hence why I said you could prob change the hex and your experience don't really matter coz that hex might not be the original one which would explain why your not aware of any with 12mm hex or that engine could have modified in some way in the past to be able to put a 12mm on it either way this would be a pretty easy problem to solve the engine must of had pull start for that 12mm hex on it at some point so all you have to do is find one that will fit the engine and that also would be easy  

a nitro engine is a nitro engine at the end of the day I can very easy put different mm hex's and pull starts on my engines hence why I said you could prob change the hex and your experience don't really matter coz that hex might not be the original one which would explain why your not aware of any with 12mm hex or that engine could have modified in some way in the past to be able to put a 12mm on it either way this would be a pretty easy problem to solve the engine must of had pull start for that 12mm hex on it at some point so all you have to do is find one that will fit the engine and that also would be easy  

Ok...you say it is easy...prove it to me...find the part number for the pullstart he needs... :)

If you actually would like to learn something then have a little look at the link to the exploded view of the Hyper.21 engine I put up there...you might notice the Hyper.21 engine is different to most in that the one way bearing is inside the engine.

None of this really matters anyway because it is just me and you bickering...me with experience of what I am talking about and you...

The forum is to help people when they have problems and hopefully someone can offer advice/help to fix that problem...your advice of "you got the wrong pull start obviously so buy the right one simple" is of no help to anyone...they already know something is not right hence them asking for help.

Anyways I will leave this thread until the OP comes back with pictures or extra information...or until someone else can answer the conundrum...I am intrigued. :)

So rant on young man.  :yawn:

• Like 1

Reading through the OP's post, he doesn't say whether he still has the pullstart that came with the engine when he got it........Unless it never came with one, it which case it stands to reason it must be secondhand...........A picture as requested would certainly be a help, but he hasn't been back since starting this thread over 2 weeks ago, so he either made a mistake with his measurements, or solved the problem.............Either way, it would have been nice to at least let us know.

Glad it's sorted..............There had to be a simple solution to the problem, given the fact that the engine is not uncommon...........

Edited by chrisjw