• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Hyper 7 body

Hi All :)

New to the forums so I better introduce myself, I've been enjoying RC for dare I say over 30 years! Great hobby I've had a few lapses where I've stepped away from RC but I've always found myself coming back.

I've got quite a few cars, in-fact too many to list on the forum (at least thats what it told me!) This is my current line up :-

Mardave Meteor

Mardave Marauder

Tamiya Falcon

Tamiya Wild One (original)

Kyosho Rocky

Schumacher Cougar

Schumacher CAT XL

Yokomo 'Super Dogfighter' YZ870c

Tomy Intruder

Robbe Death Adder

Yankee Concept 92 1/4 scale

Hobao Hyper 7 TQ2

HPI Baja 5B SS

Firstly I'm not good at painting RC bodies... not good at all, but thought i'd try something different.... different to my usual single colour paint jobs that is!........

Edited by MardaveMeteor
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum fella, love that shell you must be pretty happy with it!

One question......where are the cutouts for the engine? ;)

Welcome to the forum fella, love that shell you must be pretty happy with it!

One question......where are the cutouts for the engine? ;)

It's ok :-)

Engine cutout and body posts will be done at some point this week......Still can't decide if I should tint the windows?

It's ok :-)

Engine cutout and body posts will be done at some point this week......Still can't decide if I should tint the windows?

Or leave it as is and replace that nitro muck with a brushless setup  :yes:

~That shell needed some green on it :) Personally, I would go for some Tamiya 'smoke' for the windows. You don't want to black them out completely, but that helps to tint the screens and hides the insides a bit. You can vary the tint depending on how many coats you give it.

Looks good though!

Welcome to the forum

Or leave it as is and replace that nitro muck with a brushless setup :yes:

Haha well I could pull the guts out and strap some batteries in it but......... I love the smell of 'nitro' in the morning!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~That shell needed some green on it :) Personally, I would go for some Tamiya 'smoke' for the windows. You don't want to black them out completely, but that helps to tint the screens and hides the insides a bit. You can vary the tint depending on how many coats you give it.

Looks good though!

Welcome to the forum

Thanks, I was very tempted to add some green to the bottom of the shell but decided to go with a simple red n white design, that's not to say I won't do another she'll with a splash of green :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the forum bud I'm new compared to others , theres some lifers on here lol, but must be said the guys really know their stuff on here I been playing with rc cars 18 years an I'm always learing somin New , I've just chucked a 30 t pinny on my H2 with 6.5tbl was on 24; this morn and jesus its rapid that was at 6 am this morn lol Dan .

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk