• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Micro-t Upgrades and Modifications

Ripon Racer

Hi,

For all of you that have this truck/bug/whatever your prob. thinking what you can do to it now you have had a few goes. Well this topic will be great to get your ideas down for others to try.

My first and hopefully not the last mod:

Spotted this one on the uk microrc forum

I have turned over the wheels to create a wider stance. I simply took the e clips off, turned over the wheel and put the e clip back on.

I think it looks great, even better with a lick of paint

med_gallery_1835_236_327258.jpg

The Compatible Parts List

Motors

Feigao LPS 5250 brushless motor - 12x22mm 5250kv

Servos

Hitech HS-55 Servo.

Towerpro SG90

ESC

Castle Creations PHX-10 brushless ESC

Novak Spy

Receivers

Spektrum SR3500 Micro

Transmitters

Any 27MHz AM band Tx should work.

Misc.

E-Clips!...Arrrgh!

- Launched an e-clip into neverland? Try using a staple! LOOK

- Also noted is that the e-clips are the same as the ones used by the Mini-T (Losi Part#LOSB1043).

- The suspension springs from an XMods Evo has been reported to work on the Micro-T

Alloy Parts

GPM will be offering Alloy Parts: GPM Micro-T Page

Code: PART DESCRIPTION

TM019 ALLOY FRONT C-HUB

TM021 ALLOY FRONT KNUCKLE ARM

TM022 ALLOY REAR KNUCKLE ARM

TM028 ALLOY FRONT SHOCK TOWER

TM030 ALLOY REAR SHOCK TOWER

TM054 ALLOY FRONT CAMBER LINK

TM055 ALLOY FRONT LOWER ARM

TM056 ALLOY REAR LOWER ARM

TM057 ALLOY REAR CAMBER LINK

TM331F ALLOY FRONT SKID PLATE

?? ALLOY FRONT SHOCK

?? ALLOY REAR SHOCK

Hot Racing will also be offering parts: Hot Racing Micro-T Page

Bodies

Parma will be offering some shells: Parma Bodies for Micro-T

Batteries Stock batteries are 32.3mm x 20.8mm x 11.7mm 4.8v @ 160maH packs at Cheapbatterypacks.com

Credit

Credit for the information above goes to; crazydave, TheSteve, betty.k and others from bitpimps, yourmicro.com, one18th.com, Ripper7Racing.com and other forums.

I'm also in the process of getting rid of the stock radio gear.

Currently ready to install:

Novak Spy Micro Reversible ESC

Spektrum SR3500 DSM 3-Channel Micro Racing Rx Receiver

Spektrum DX3 Transmitter

They finally arived then :D i can't wait till they come to the UK.

YAY! Yes, had to pick them up after Christmas from Parcel Forces depot as the 'Tax Man' wanted his share of the truck :(

Cute little thing it is but damn fast for a little bug :P

where u get em from again/ and the wheels look good too could be worth a try!

From the US atm but look out soon in UK shops as they will be making their way across the atlantic in no time (fingers crossed lol)

Have you done the mod steering links yet? If not do them now before you break any of them!

Just get a small cable tie...cut it to the same lengh then place the std steering link on top of the cable tie and using a finger drill (with the correct size sril bit) drill the holes :D Once fitted you won't break the cable tie as they are a lot stronger ;)

Here's a pic of my old one with them fitted, also shows a front bumper I made from a old 3 1/2 floppy disk :whistling:

IMG_3367.jpg

ive had my micro t for abit, and i havent broke a steering link yet....

just ran it straight from the box..

I suppose your just one of the lucky ones then ain't you :good: rofl

From what I've read on other forums.....if you hit/crash ackward then they do break quite easy! I did them straight away so I didn't have to worry about breaking them! :whistling:

Body clip wheel mod

Lost an e-clip off your wheel? Too hard to use a staple to hold your wheel on? Look no further.

First sand away the yellow groove (the inner yellow circle) and then place one of the micro-t's body clips where the e-clip would go. Pliers come in handy to push the body clip into place.

med_gallery_1835_236_245452.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Did the charger mod a couple of days ago, the battery now lasts a hell of a lot longer and with great power untill the last few seconds of a run.

Incase anyone is wondering, the charger mod is simple to do.

First off find a 12v DC power supply (i got a 12v 500ma) take out the screws in the charger, theres only four :P

on the charger PCB there is four soldered wires 2x + and 2x - , you need to solder the wires from your 12v transformer onto the points that the battery wires go to on the PCB (ask if ya need pics). Once soldered in place i threaded the wire through the same slot as the normal wire goes through, I just shaved a little plastic off arround the casing to allow for the extra wires.

Its really easy and saves ya having to use batterys, but if ya really want you can just disconnect the plug and put batterys in, just make sure you dont do both :P

There's a better guide on doing this somewhere, that includes a switch and a DC jack, alot tidier but more hasstle imo.

? the charger mod ?

it 1) saves you having to use batteries 2) gives the battery a full charge, seems to give it better power and longer run times.

3) Saves you using batteries

4) Saves you using batteries

5) Saves you using batteries

:P

Ive read about the charger mod although I find it easier charging my battery with the stock charger while im making my way to the local industrial estate to race it around.

BTW i got fed up of the 'e' clips flying off all the time so i ordered some threaded front & rear wheel shafts :

Front

Rear

• Like 1

Find out its actuall speed then times it by 36 :good:

What yeah racing parts did you buy ripon? I would go for lipo as well in something this small...just dont go over the top with voltage :P

I recon the speed is around 7mph, so x by 36 would have a scale speed of 252mph :o ?

I didn't buy yeah racing parts for the micro-t, I bought the parts for the t4: Alloy c-hubs, rear knuckle arms and bearings.

Lipo voltage....hmmm........my spy esc will let me got 8.4v so I will only be able to put a 2s in <_< - no fair