• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HELP: Want to use a LiPo instead of a NiMH pack...

Bane

for my Maverick Blackout V2. The last time I ran the truck was 1 whole year ago and I was experiencing issues with the wheels not turning well or not at all. I posted this somewhere and people recommended I switched to using a LiPo to power the servos instead to give them more power.

Now as far as I'm aware my 2 steering servos which are Hitec 5765's can handle a 7.4v LiPo. My throttle servo which is a Savox 1256TG cannot however and nor can my transmitter which is the FlySky FS-GT3B.

How do I get around this problem and if it's doable what is a recommend LiPo to use? Note I currently zip tie my battery just behind the front suspension as there's next to no room left in the battery box of the truck.

Thank you.

Just get 2 decent servo's and use a Nihm at 6v....

You'll NEVER get a good turning circle for the Maverick due to the tires, servo's will give you a faster turning speed but they won't change the turning circle much.

Edited by almighty15

I'm running a flysky gt3b rx on Lipo lol. Works for me.

I should add the transmitter is also on Lipo and whatever you do is at your own risk!

Edited by andyknight

I'm going lipo on my brushless blackout very soon,which should give me a total of 80kg of turning power. Will also be using a flysky rx so will see if it holds up to lipo.