• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Scary Internet Scam!?

CyclingSalmon14

I have been browsing the internet on my mobile, no illegal sites or anything just genral browsing.

And recived a pop up add, I close thise add, but instantly recive a "text" through my defualt texting app from this advert.

I dont know how this is possible ime how they coukd get my number from clicking an add to close it.

I thought it might be a hoax of some kind initially.

However the text informed me I have been subscribed to a adult service (YIKES!) and will be charged every 7 days.

Again thinking this is tottal BS I have ran a ful virus scan and cleared all my cache ect, but I cheacked out my mobile providers app and I have indeed incurred addional charges total to the qoutwd amount in the text!

I This shouldnt evan be possible as I have capped my soending to only allow me to use my allowance and not go over it and to block premium services and numbers.

Ao how is it posssible by simple closeing an add (not opening any links or anything and no sign of a virus ect)

That this jas stolen my mobile number and subcribed me to a service with no warning or asking me to do it

L.

I genuinely did not know this is evan possible and Im pretty keyed up on these kind of things...hell my dad works in anti fruad, tax evasion and cyber sercurity for gods sake I know basic online safty!

How can a one click add do all this!!! It certainly cant be legal.

If it wasent for my mobile app telling me I have these charges Id think it was a joke!!!

Edited by CyclingSalmon14

I have had this before but as I am on a contract I phoned my network provider (Three) who got me, the Three representative and a representative from the company which charged me on a conference call and I ended up getting refunded.

It was on a streaming site for a TV show I watch not Pr0n lol.

I just google the episode I want and click on of the video results ususaly...normaly youtube or simular but this was just a random one that had the episode.

Really should not reply ti these things as all it is prove your an active phone.

But seeing as it was actually charging me I had to do the stop text thing which worked.

But of course that text cost me as its not under my contract I had to uncap myself just to send it then recap myself grrr.

Im not to woried re the money it onky came to a

when closing something never use the X also this has been going on for years on PC's  and now because of the tech on mobiles it can do the same.  as for your mobile number  most apps already have all your phone info.  pics / messages / numbers