• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

obr 30.5 reed case project

flatout!

Before I got it run in or even thought about taking it outside to fire it up, i thought I was gunner have to make the squish bigger, less compression lol! But now iv run it its easyer now only a bit mind lol! Its awesome though guys, what a beast of a thing :)

Your not wrong there mate as I would prime my KM engine 5-6 times and take about 10-15 fast pulls to get it to fire up lol

My Outlaw is so good and a pleasure to start and it has good compression but not a pull start killer :-)

My KM started easy with the 990 tbh.... Hold the throttle wide open..... 3-4 fast pulls...... set fail safe to let the engine start........ then 3-4 fast pulls and it would fire, sometimes less.

My KM started easy with the 990 tbh.... Hold the throttle wide open..... 3-4 fast pulls...... set fail safe to let the engine start........ then 3-4 fast pulls and it would fire, sometimes less.

No such luck with mine as it was a pig and then some but it ran great once it was going lol

Do you think that was right having to use full throttle to start it?

When my km was dieing id use full throttle to start, it had a cracked insolation block, and the head was leaking lol! Funny though how different people all have different methods starting the things.

You been out with your new motor yet Antony?

Do you think that was right having to use full throttle to start it?

When my km was dieing id use full throttle to start, it had a cracked insolation block, and the head was leaking lol! Funny though how different people all have different methods starting the things.

You been out with your new motor yet Antony?

I use the same method has Mark :) IMO and I bet marks an all its the best method :) prime bulb 3 4 times insert one troy bit that's attached to one drill and squeeze drill 1 seconds and bam sometimes it may need less :)

Wait around a minute to warm engine and WOT for the win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely mate...so easy but I have fried a troy bit cause I forgot to set the kill switch....lol

Im gunner give this new pull start a go, I take it the hpi baja comes with a genuine cy pull start? There very good quality and iv got a cy flywheel to go with it, nice little combo going on with this new motor post-35745-14354298441972_thumb.jpg

Another blur picture Christ im good with the tablet ant I?

I fried 2 lol both my own fault, you are aware you can fit new bearings for a few quid :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you've done it but I dont know how, did you have to make a tool for the job mate?

Iv got a tr and vertigo clutch set up, and the km alloy gearbox, just need the ubber ball drives and it'll be ready for the 8+ hp im going to throw at it, it'll take it,

But if your going to use stock clutch bell and stock pinion it'll strip it every time,

Yeah for that sort of power you need something a bit better than the keyed bell and pinion setup.

makes me glad my km engine is still running a treat, no need for those sorts of upgrades yet.

Edited by andyknight

Ho matey you wouldn't belive the upgrades iv done ready to put the reed in andy, its crazy matey but it should hold up apart from the shafts, there still the trusty old km ones, iv given them some right hammer and there still on fingers x lol!

• Like 1