• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What Esc That Can Start At 17.5t Class But Will Last Right Upto 4.5 Or Lower

fatboyneil

Quite apart from why the hell would you run a 4.5t you've got several options. Most top end esc's can do blinky, boost and low wind motors, so something like a Hobbywing Xerun 3.1 would do what you want. If that can, the HPI Flux Pro and Orion R10 Pro can too. Then you've got the Much Moore Fleta, Lrp Flow/Nosram Comet, Tekin RSX.....

Thanks I was looking at a few and just started to get baffled especially with the brca rules thing is I was looking at the turnigy trackstar brca approved one here http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__33973__Trackstar_GenII_120A_1_10th_Scale_Sensored_Brushless_Car_ESC_ROAR_BRCA_approved_.html

But as even I've said buy cheap buy twice then I saw the speed passion revention pro and I can get that for

Thanks Si Coe but as its a bigger footprint and the sensor cable being gm specific I think I'll miss that one I was going for the lrp flow but that is the old style button press system for programming I think there's no mention of program box anywhere the only two contenders I think are the hobbywing or the Orion 10.1. Are there any others I should consider and it's a pity nobody rate the speed passion as I could get that cheap at

Tekin does a gen2 very low turn motor esc ( brushless) to what i remember.

otherwise its a Novak rooster  ( they dont have a turn limit and if it does its ultra low like 3.5t)

rooster is an old esc, the tekin ( dont know if they still going ) is kinda newish.

I've been using the Speed Passion Reventon Pro 1.1 for about a year and I love it.  I've not had a problem with it.

Before that I had the Reventon R and that was also a good ESC.

The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that you have to connect it to a PC to change the boost settings.  You can change most settings from the included program card but not boost.

Thanks jony nitro but after needing some parts from Hong Kong I thought why not get the cheap speed passion revention pro the only other one I looked at was the Orion vortex 10.1 and that was stupid money even from China the whole combo that's

Thanks jony nitro but after needing some parts from Hong Kong I thought why not get the cheap speed passion revention pro the only other one I looked at was the Orion vortex 10.1 and that was stupid money even from China the whole combo that's

best ESC ive had was a muchmore fleta pro

brutally good ESC, paired it with a 13.5t reedy mach 2 and no one could believe how quick it was, at chippenham i was getting comments at how people were finishing coming off boost on the straight as im starting it and i end up catching them, stupid quick. 

Also ran 4.5t novak on it with the worst gearing ever and the ESC peaked at 118 degrees C ..and it was fine lmao