• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

new associated touring car doesn't reverse

ocdaog

just got the new team associated apex touring car but it doesn't reverse and ive tried all the trim settings on the remote has anyone got an idea what to do?

trims on the remote aren't going to do anything to help you, it may have a setting in the ESC that allows you too select forward and reverse but depends on what esc you have and how you go about changing the settings (I recommend using a program card as that's easiest way)

although why do you need reverse?

Is it supposed to? Lots of escs don't have reverse at all, especially racing ones and before anyone says that's a daft idea remember most Nitro's can't reverse either.

• Like 1

Thats why I said most!

But with electrics I've currently got 8 models working at the moment, of which 3 have reverse enabled. 3 out of the other 5 could have reverse but its switched off. 2 of my esc's don't have reverse at all.

Why?

Well the 3 which have esc capable of reverse but its disabled are my 3 race cars. You aren't allowed to reverse on track so switching it off makes sense. The 3 that do have reverse are my 3 bashers, it helps there. The 2 with non-reversing esc's are my 2 classic RC10's, which used to be race cars (so didn't have reverse) and I've just kept them that way.

Edited by Si Coe