• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

electrical gremlins

stevo2551

I've got a trophy buggy flux and could do with some advice please,

first off, the nob broke off the switch ages ago, not a problem as I use a pic instead. I went out yesterday, plugged the batterys in, turned the tx on, flicked the switch and all normal, go 10ft over a bump or so and it cuts out complety, not lvc as when I jiggle bits it bleeps back into action like it's just been turned on. I can run it on the street no problem but put some bumps in there and off it cuts. I've had the fan off, esc out and checked all wires, one had a nic in the outer but not cut into the wire. (taped it up)

all connections seemed good, stripped the switch and re fit everything, again fine on the street but same again at the quarry. Im aware these switches are prone to go but you can't buy it separate without the esc. How can I bypass the switch to try that? I'm under the impression that if I do this then I'll loose the ability to adjust the settings manually with the button, does anyone have any suggestions?

There are a few things you can do.

To eliminate a moody switch you could put a 3 way wire (the same as a servo wire, including the end) onto the ESC - switch wires, then use a loop (similar to a bind plug) and use this as a switch. Then keep the original/replacement switch, and put a servo plug onto that, so you could still access the calibration if needed.

Check your battery connections, do you use Deans by any chance?

They do have deans connectors on yes, I've just had a closer look and one set has a dark film that wipes off with my finger, the other has similar that doesn't wipe off, I'm guessing this is part of the problem, ei this connection? both batteries worked fine when plugged into the wr8. Is there a way to clean up the female battery connections? And would some fine wet/dry paper be ok to clean the esc connections?

I've saldered some fresh deans connectors on to the batterys and all seems well on the street....I'll find out tomorrow if all is well again :-D

I've saldered some fresh deans connectors on to the batterys and all seems well on the street....I'll find out tomorrow if all is well again :-D

Let us know. Deans sometimes has this problem, even more so as the Trophy can pull more than the deans can handle.