• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The ultimate.....

evssv

It should be real as bloke crossed the English Channel using the same sort of wing

Yeah should be but i just don't see anywhere the fuel would go and don't jets use a fair amount?

Saw this somewhere else recently, amazing piece of kit! I can't see them being used to commute, not in our lifetimes at least! That would be a fun way to go to work each day!

Yeah should be but i just don't see anywhere the fuel would go and don't jets use a fair amount?

a few people at the local flying club had turbine jets that use the same engine and they don't use a lot really considering the speed and noise. lol

a few people at the local flying club had turbine jets that use the same engine and they don't use a lot really considering the speed and noise. lol

But still from an RC plane to a man its a big weight difference ;)

But still from an RC plane to a man its a big weight difference ;)

i think he can glide a fair bit with that wing. so he might be on and off the power a lot.  as i know some RC jets need full power just to keep them up in the air. and are very poor at gliding.  as for weight i think he gets dropped from a plane or heli.  but it would be good to see him take off from a runway with a little set of wheels under him.  lol

i think he can glide a fair bit with that wing. so he might be on and off the power a lot.  as i know some RC jets need full power just to keep them up in the air. and are very poor at gliding.  as for weight i think he gets dropped from a plane or heli.  but it would be good to see him take off from a runway with a little set of wheels under him.  lol

They couldn't take off from a runway as the wing needs a lot of speed to create lift because of there tiny size, which is why they jump out of a helicopter and free fall to gain speed to gain lift..then they power up the jets to keep it at that speed where the wing is making enough lift to keep them in the air- but only just I would think. The flights only last around 15 minutes as I suspect they just can't gain altitude very easily, so eventually they run out of sky and have to land.

Edited by scrumpy jack