• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

r/c not starting correctly

cew27

hello ppl i am new to r.c's and i can run my car which is a cen funfactor but it takes 10 -15 pulls to start sometimes i am using a new glow plug and glow start at full charge and have tried moving the throttle and no sucess it srarts but take some time plz help thanks !!!!!!!!!java script:emoticon(':good:', 'smid_12')

:good:

well the things that can affect starting are glowplug, glowstarter, engine primed, how far the throttle is open and how the engine is tuned

10-15 pulls isnt realy too bad, it will change depending on the day(hot or cold..) and how well the car s tuned

nitro engines arnt like lawnmowers or strimmers, they wont start on the first pull, but it shouldnt take long

yea they are small, basic and very temperamental engines at times, things have to be just right, aslong as it starts eventually, thats the main thing, You can't expect them to start on the first pull.

Try heating it up with a hairdryer first. That should make is considerably easier. Also make sure the glowplug is not tight (it should be just slightly loose) and when you pull the starter try to have the carb open about 5mm. :good:

That might be a BIT tooo much... 3mm/4mm really...

I know the feeling mate.... after 15 pulls ur getting sore nuckles.... mine are cause the OWB slips

But Make sure u prime the car properly (prime till fuel reachs carb then prime it some to actually prime the engine, do this by pressing the primer button OR by using ur finger put it over the exhaust and pull/turn the engine over

but as samari said Hairdrier makes even new engine start alot faster :)

Ziggy

cheers for the advice but i took it out last nite and iw was round about -1 c so thats my guess ass to how it isnt starting , and for tuning i have the carb set just right so that it idles slightly when it is start but when it warms up id sitts at idle i think i will close the carb a little bit more and i havent touched the high low needle yet here is a video of my car not goin at ful throttle but ass you can see it needs tuning it says on one off the fourums i need to turn theneedle clock wise and run it in a straight line untill there is noo smoke coming outta the exaust take a look video001 cheers :good:

it says on one off the fourums i need to turn theneedle clock wise and run it in a straight line untill there is noo smoke coming outta the exaust

Well make sure you completely ignore that. Read the tuning guide that came with your car or engine. If there isn't one then the guide on this forum is a good place to start.

Yeap the cold make and vapour become visible :)

BUT PLEASE DONT keep turning till there is no Exhaust fumes

that means its gonna run lean

U want LOTS OF BLUE(not literally blue tinted blue) smoke

If there white then its moisture

if its blue then its nitro :)

Ziggy

cheers for the info and well i will have to run it in my house cos i live in scotland and well its cold here all the time so i can never tell if it is condensation lol

im confused i thought a the hgh speed needle and low speed needle ar the same thing <_< but a post on the general nitro fourum says different could sombody please explain thanks :)