• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Opinions please folks...

themagicnumber

Was going to get one of these for my seven year old..what's the general opinion on this please guys.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/ftx-carnage-1-10-4wd-brushless-truggy-rtr-waterproof/rc-car-products/40397

Thanks

sum rate them...others don't. ..like myself...my boy had one...He killed the body in the 1st 15 mins...out in the street. .not even bashing.....the body posts snap if u look at them the wrong way...plastics r cheap....diffs r crap....yes parts r cheap. ..but it becomes a pain when ever single use sumin brakes when it shouldn't ....so we sold it and gota firestorm flux....so much better in every way. ...plus he's never broke it....not even a single body post arm ect......and it's for sell btw if ur Intrested.... .he's moved up to 1/8th rc's now....His fs flux on a 2s lipo Boys firestorm flux@local bmx track....: https://youtu.be/lODQcLv5ODA Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobao-hyper-7-tq2-rtr-mach-.28-edition/rc-car-products/367611

Sell the nitro parts off it and convert to electric short course - a little work and a few extra pounds above your 200 budget - gets a rock solid basher that will save you money down the road ...  weird they dont sell a roller version of the hyper 7 any longer or a 80% kit ...  

I've never had any problems getting traxxas parts in the uk for my slash.

nor me.....

I'm staying away from Traxxas. Ridiculously over priced and parts (here in the UK) are a pain in the rear to get.

I see a lot of brushless videos, so I assume they're all diy conversions?

no conversion. ...jus swap ur nimh for a lipo...job done!!faster truck and longer run times! ! Edited by evssv

4wd. Brushless. Durable. In my experience 200 is only going to get you two out of the three. If I was in your position, I'd go for something decent but brushed. That way it keeps the speed down while they get used to it then you can upgrade to brushless later when they're ready :)

My eldest (4) has a Wheelie King and he loves it. Mines brushless but only because I killed the original brushed esc and only had a brushless to replace it. It doesn't need or want brushless, because its not a fast truck at all. It wobbles and it bounces and it tips over a lot, so it was never about speed. Its a silly RC which is great for having a laugh but not serious driving.

I agree you won't get all three for

Edited by Si Coe
  • Like 1

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobao-hyper-7-tq2-rtr-mach-.28-edition/rc-car-products/367611

Sell the nitro parts off it and convert to electric short course - a little work and a few extra pounds above your 200 budget - gets a rock solid basher that will save you money down the road ...  weird they dont sell a roller version of the hyper 7 any longer or a 80% kit ...  

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobao-hyper-ss-1-8th-buggy-electric-roller/rc-car-products/371895   they do...

I own several Hyper 7's - 8's and ST pros - and most of the parts to make two Hyper SS buggies, can assure you they are different vehicles ... enough to make most parts non-interchangeable.

Hyper 7 TQ  NOT = Hyper SS

Hyper SS ...

- Arms are lighter and and appear less durable

- CVDs / Universals are much lighter and shafts appear flimsy

- Uses large inner wheel hub bearings that hold cvd axel joint pins in place

- hinge pin system holding Lower A-Arms and toe in and caster are a different system than Hyper 7

- Steering knuckle system is completey different - its a Losi 8ight design knock of - done like a cheap asian knock design would look like - sadly

- Towers are different

- Ackerman Bar and steering servo saver posts mount and attach to chassi and steering tie rods at very different places making parts interchangeability a poor choice

- all in all it appears that the Hyper SS was done to save weight on a budget re-design - sadly the opportunity to do a quality job to compete with Mugen XRay LOSI Team AE was squandered ... I'll take the heavier weight and trudge on with the Hyper 7 and its varients.

Hyper 7 parts availability seems stronger than the Hyper SS as well ...

Ok, just to paint the picture..my sons fine with speed and two wheel drive..he just had my old xxxt with a 9t brushless upgrade with a 7 cell nimh and he was getting 40+mph no problem.

We put some Smasher tyres on it and added a gyro so he could go more offroad but 2wd has limitations and is - for a seven year old at least - harder to drive and easier to get stuck.

I have a tmaxx and the losi couldn't cut-it when we went out together as it was constantly getting bogged down/stranded in wet muddy stuff or long grass etc or we'd be worried about breaking it when bashing.

The

Dude no my 8 year old has a ftx vantage an my niece has a carnage , there to easy to break an every time my 8 year old takes it out I no it's gonna cost me time an money , my 8year girl drive my emaxx with a 2s lipo and loves it she can jump it bash it an I can relax and enjoy my other cars with worring

I'm a slave to the Carnage. Bought a 40 quid Vandal for spares. Yeah, it breaks but so what? Buy a part and repair it. Sorry, it's how I feel.