• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My first quad, hubsan q4, some questions

thesnake505

hello all, bought a Q4 last was waiting next door this morning after i returned from a holiday! got it out and charged it up! have to say im impressed! however

i can seam to calibrate it in to either mode 1 or 2, and the little thing constantly drifts to the back left, and being a novice and no idea what im doing i jsut seam to make it worse!

can any one please help!! im sure a recalibration would make a difference!!

Edited by thesnake505

Can you use the trims to help stabilise it? I've never used one personally but if you can calibrate it then make sure it is on a flat surface when you calibrate otherwise if it is laying to the left it will think that is level position

ok finally got the hang of this! managed to calibrate it and swaped the blades, not perfect still drifts a touch but i can get it to hover!

managed to fly it around living room pretty sucsessfully only a couple of little minor scrapes

managed to achive some flips as well! now for some questions,

first off is the bigger the quad the easier or harder it is to fly? im thinking of getting an x4 or bigger but thinking perhaps its worth me sticking with the q4 for a while untill i get the hang of it!

would the bigger x4 controller make it easier to use? the q4 controller is a small little unit!

is there any way to get a longer battery life? is there any quick battery upgrades