• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Servo horn screw stripped. need ideas.

RCbutcher

I have a savox 1256 and the screw stripped out. I drilled the head off hoping to leave enough to use pliers to remove the threads but it didn't work.

I plan to use the servo on steering for a slash 4x4 what would you do to fit the horn securely?

Is my only option to use a horn like this.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281656458460&alt=web

Until I find a burnt out 1256 to buy for it's spline gear.

Those horns still bolt down has per normal, if you don't use a centre bolt the teeth will strip.

Rounding a servo bolt is a new one, they only need a nip.

A few ways you could try to get the bolt out but been small makes it that much more difficult, running off centre with a drill is highly likely if you have a hand held.

If when you drilled the head off you got that centre then another drill will be easy to follow, so long has you go down perfectly true.

How much is stuck out though, should be easy to unscrew it you dint use loctite did you.

Have you got a decent picture of it, a Dremel could work even if you have to cut into the spline a tinny bit.

Sent from the I6 via talktapa

Edited by Titaniumrc

All good ideas but I'm not sure.

No lol I would never NEVER use loctite on a servo horn that would be dumb in my opinion. But the guy who """""refurbished""""" the losi 8t he must have loved the stuff. Every single screw I took out of the truggy was smootherd in the stuff including plastic parts.

When I vented he replied I'm sorry you can't maintain a perfect car lol. That was the first negative feedback I've ever left. 

Cut a slot in the top with a dremel. Shouldn't matter too much if you catch the spline. I personally would then strip the servo down and get some heat on the spline before attempting to remove with a flat screw driver.