• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

600tvl CMOS camera is dark in sunlight

Hi, I have been trying to fly my mini with fpv and in the sun it's just impossible because the camera seems to have no transition between sky and ground leaving me with a good image sometimes and a completely unusable image a second later when the light level changes.

I have seen plenty of videos from peoples ground stations running a camera just like mine (fatshark 600tvl) and they don't suffer anywhere near as much as mine does.

I'm using fatshark attitudes, a 600tvl camera and one of those cheap chinese mini video transmitters which actually works just as well as the fatshark one on my big hex (i.e this camera still does that on the fatshark only system)

Am I doing something wrong or is my camera just fubar?

cheers,

smithy :thumbsup:

Need to turn DWDR on using the board that comes with the camera

Its the sensor on the camera. Also plug in the battery to the FPV Facing the sunlight as well

All the gemini shiped with DWDR turned off. sorted as soon as i turned it on :)

cheers for the replies guys, if its a goner whats the generally recommended replacement?

Need to turn DWDR on using the board that comes with the camera

Its the sensor on the camera. Also plug in the battery to the FPV Facing the sunlight as well

All the gemini shiped with DWDR turned off. sorted as soon as i turned it on :)

how exactly would one go about doing this on a fatshark 600tvl? all I got was the little camera, the fatshark video transmitter and my goggles

• 2 weeks later...

Yeh ive just tried mine on my new 250. camera is terrible can't change the settings on the CMOS. i'm going to stick my sony effio back on this quad with a 5v step-up

http://www.surveilzone.com/sony-960h-ccd-effio-v-800tvl-ultra-wdr-camera-cc1526 Looks gorgeous with my DominatorHD and no pain in the arse sun effects. Just two cool lasers come out! :)