• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone else go shooting ?

epons300

14 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

I have a club down the road from me, I'm thinking of emailing them to join. What would be a good starter club  gun for a newbie ?

i have shot before but it was years ago that I sold my .22 air rifle.

I would see if they do an open club day where you can try some different rifles as in springer or pcp. 

• Thanks 1

I'd give the club a ring/email to see if they have any you can try. I think my club will allow you to borrow one for the day for around £10. Once you've got a couple you perhaps like the look of try them again and see which one "fits" better as that will help you get on with it. 

• Thanks 1

I'm going to have a look about at Crawley surplus supplies possibly next weekend as I want to just start out target shooting in the garden, then I'll give the club an email.

idealy I think I want a underlever spring mechanism with a sight & a carry case.

any recommendations?

Couple of mods to the little plinker.

Replaced the stock muzzle brake and front sight with a new one without sight.  Removing the old muzzle brake was a right PITA. Tried a heat gun on it but  wouldn't budge so got out the rotary tool and cut a slot along the length of it leaving a papers thickness of material left so I didn't damage the barrel and inserted a big screwdriver in the slot and twisted. Result!!! It cracked open and just popped off. :thumbsup:  Bit nerve wracking cutting the slot though as couldn't afford the slightest mistake but barrel was totally unmarked. New muzzle brake is easily removable leaving just the mounting collar.

:36_11_12[1]: 

Then off with the stock rear sight and on with the SMK 2x20 scope. As I wear reading glasses don't like open sights and the scope suits me a lot better. Only 2x but that's all you want on a pistol. Stock sight also doesn't have enough adjustment range anyway.

Pistol is bit heavy one handed and find it better to shoot using two hands as it's so easy to hold it steady and then it feels really light.  Just feels nice to hold. :thumbsup:

John

Stock

Trail_NP-1.jpg

Trail_NP-3.jpg

Trail_NP-4.jpg

Just picked this up from Crawley surplus store, pretty helpful in there, very busy though, he took the time to talk to Toby & let him shoot the Gamo whisper, unfortunately he struggled to cock it, so we came away with this:

C88CDA85-F439-4932-93E6-E5C92D16F043.jpg

an smk xs501!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, supersavage said:

How you getting on with the R10? 

Not had chance to take it out properly yet. Not been very well . But a bit of plinking in the Garden shows it to be fantastic 

I've tried to stay away from this thread, but I can't take it anymore lol, I have a history of shooting and air rifles in my teens all the way into my early twentys, i was a Army Cadet for many years so was lucky to fire everything from .177 air rifles all the way up to L98's/SA80's etc, I also had a Webley Raider 2 shot PCP till I was about 25 ish, I've decided I need a air pistol for a bit of garden fun, I'll be ordering something next week, so watch this space :)