• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

So it seems I'm getting the truck bug again, this is going to be expensive....

Gaz!

Hi,

So as title suggests, I was into the Tamiya big rigs big time quite a while ago, after seeing the trucks on a regular basis started to fuel the fire again....

Now I'm not going for mfu set ups as I've been there done that and it's another rc for what they cost so just half decent electrics and a tidy looking truck is all I'm after.

Also got a Tamiya flat bed trailer too although no pics of that.....

First up is the merc, it started life as the box truck but I decided to convert it back to a tractor unit, fitted bearings throughout, super singles on the front, light bar and a few little odds and sods, to complete I want some better more aggressive rear tyres and that'll do for me......

image.jpg5_zpsrfh5vzmg.jpg

image.jpg6_zpskxakoiji.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsns2nrn3y.jpg

Next up is a Scania r620, bought this with the limited edition orange shell and modified side skirts, again bearings throughout, decent electrics and a little "tarting" up, needing some more super singles for it and better rear tyres.

image.jpg2_zpswa0eimcj.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsug0tgauq.jpg

image.jpg3_zpssz6mdipe.jpg

Sorry for the poor pics, I'll aim to get some better ones on there next outing.....

• Like 1

It's a toss up between the Actros, the R620 or the Grand Hauler for me atm.

Might buy an American truck first as there's more space to learn to hide wiring in, plus the trailers sit a scale distance behind the cabs without mods, unlike the Euro trucks that need mods to both truck and trailers to make look right.