• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bycmo M3 1/4 scale - Mid 1990s (and Hi)

phb10186

Hi there, new to the forum, so hopefully I will find some answers.

The introduction is as follws:

I have owned a Bycmo 1/4 scale from new since the mid 1990s, and it was probably old stock when I bought it - so I would guess 91-94 era or there abouts. It has an E30 M3 body, and I have only just dug it out after years of storage. It has probably done a cumulative total of 5 running hours, so is essentially still new.

It has a 2-stroke 22 or 24cc Kawasaki pull start motor, I believe its 24cc and possibly a chain saw motor of old. It's turning over fine, the thing needs a good clean and service, but I would have thought that it will run after about 30 mins preparation.

I have not found the manual, RC controls or old NiCd battery that runs it, but I will be looking for these in time.

The main questions are those regarding parts, where would I go and are parts even available for this any longer? I might not invest too much time if parts are a no-go, but I will need tyres, drive belts and shocks in time I think. I have checked the Bycmo website, and will be emailing them, but they are in Spain, but that's not an issue.

My main reason for posting is simply so understand what support is available for these, and where I might go.

It's a lovely thing, though I am sure technology has moved on considerably now, but this is still a large and powerful machine, and was great fun when I last tried it.

Thanks in advance for any leads.

I know... no photos - I will get round to this, I been clearing out my parents loft for the last few weeks prior to them starting some building work - Found it at the back corner in a box... was a great surprise to find it.

Edited by phb10186

• 2 months later...

An RC car with a Kawasaki engine in it????? :o

Sounds like the greatest thing ever created by man!! :sweeeet:

Oh, sorry, right, yeah... I was distracted by the words "Kawasaki" and "engine". Welcome to the forum. I assume you've been keeping tabs on ebay for one? Maybe grab an entire used car, or most of it, as spares. Make a good car out of two broken ones?

Edited by Praet0r87

Yeah bymco did a magazine subaru build my stepdad built it and I don't think he was impressed when he finished and worked out the cost. Could have been 2004-05 time.

That's the only rc I knew of from them I'm intrigued to see this 1/4 scale tho was they a big company in the 90s or something? Mayb the mag was a failed come back.

Here's a short video of one I think being thrashed by the fg cars. The Ferrari shell looks good tho.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=PmiIVf6FFcH3UvW_rcgC&url=&ved=0CCUQiE4wAQ&usg=AFQjCNF1sHlk2z9QIx28jtvfnGP_UlkifA&sig2=I_xBQ4cUOg8cqaJQM37f4g

Edited by RCbutcher

• 2 months later...

The bycmo bmw if im correct has a kawasaki tg24 engine 24 cc enngine  (zenoah killer) just rebuild the carburettor and change the tg24 filter   , Parts are impossible to find but if your looking for shocks yankee rc concept 92 shocks should fit and/or mrc 1/4 scale shocks ,I would try online auctions, as for the belt I cant really help but they can be converted to a chain again with yankee parts.

hope this helps