• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

T maxx help

Rattymatty

Started my traxxas t maxx today for the first time,starts and runs but won't move,I can see the pinion gear moving but not the spur,I might sound dull here but can't see how to adjust gears together,it's a second hand t maxx 3.3.

Is the motor loose?

If the motor pinion doesn't mesh with the gearbox spur, the gearbox cannot move (unless that's been unscrewed, which is unusual), it's more likely that the motor screws have loosened and thus doesn't mesh.

Get a couple of photos up.

Al.

To adjust the gears then I got to loosen the motor and slid it to mesh the gears?i think it might be a worn spur then because the motor is all the way over.

The spur is a cog that sits on the clutchbell and that in turn, turns the gearbox and your wheels.

if the clutchbell doesn't spin I'd guess your clutch is gone. If the spur is worn it wont have any teeth.

Just a worn spur gear then mate, simple cheap fix. Just make sure you line the engine up straight without any tight spots when you spin the spur gear over when setting the mesh and you're good to go.

• Like 1