• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas rally slash.

No mate its still half in bits, need to fit the flm diff cup in the rear and figure out the battery problem.

The extended battery holder came today but I've seen the 2nd post saying gens 4s won't fit so I'm bugged by that. I will try tomo.

I've had afew sales tho to finally order the alloy motor mount hot racing version as lots say it's better than the king heads something to do with rubber seals. Buy it still has the big bearing included. It's s shame it's blue tho but was much cheaper than the khz mount.

I also got the mips 17mm hexs at last I saw them months ago for

(DRUNKS) if im out with my kids doing RC i always say never drive behind them as they might steal the car. lol

as for the 4s  it gives you the option of speed but mine are geared low but i get very good run times.

Edited by turok007

Bad mistake on the flm cups there terrible and leak like sieves :(

For the amount of hop ups you have on this you should just have bought the parts lol

I reckon the day you ever run this you need to crack a bottle of champers open ;)

No extended battery holder isn't big enough even if it was the gens wires block it from clasping.

I can't drill the holes in the chassis where I wanted to either without either drilling it at an angle or drilling through both sides to reach the centre.

So it's either shop goo the crap out of the velcro Golders I've made and hope they stay stuck down. Or sell the 4s lipo and start small. Which would be good if I could mail a lipo without worry lol. Most seem to get away with it tho.

So the flm diff cups are poo or is it just others didn't fit grease properly I have one here so may aswel try lol.

It's doing my head in plus I've had dreams of an rc I've built busting out smoke and wonder will this.

Mayb I'll just get a ok 3s lipo and the programme box and have a try it's supposed to be a dark days long nights rc and that time of year is fast approaching so I need to start getting it set up.

If I cacoon the bottoms of these posts and literally paste on shoo goo multiple layers so it's covering the face and into the centre under the big bone Surley that would be strong.

I can still attach the u channel with a nut and bolt so that side should be fine.

20150820_200422_zpsowlh6khs.jpg

You know I'm shees scared of lipos right, the longer I leave this 4s untouched the more it nerves me.

Actually ignor the shoo goo idea, I've just remembered I'll probably jump it at some point lol.

How fast would it be at a guess running 3s?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__32792__Turnigy_nano_tech_5000mah_3S_40_80C_Lipo_Pack_Slash_Slash_4x4_EU_Warehouse_.html

Mayb I'll give in and just slice the chassis for velcro slots. Which ide really rather not.

Any ideas to solve it are welcome I'll buy a custom tray if it's known to work.

Doddy did you storage charge the gens before shipping?

Yes fella I always store them after use ;) you still not used that lipo ? You might want to check it and a run a cycle or 2 on it it's been months now just sat doing nothing.

Yeah I'll look up how to do that.

I know my charger takes ages and ages to discharge a lipo tho which won't be fun.

I might mayb consider getting a new charger soon.

Mine has 1a discharge the only thing that let's it down really. But I love it for a cheapo.

It's a something 606d kinda like the hpi charger I like that it's an all in one unit I don't want to mess with power suplys ect.

Might be awhile longer now cos I think ide rather try something else as the battery tray. Mayb something I can lay in the vat tray then bolt it from underneath.

As said any ideas are welcome I'm dying to try it out but want it to be perfect. Inc the way it looks lol. I'm very vain with rc look.

I'd be using a micro hand drill to drill holes into the centre tunnel at four, narrow points. Enlarge the holes to take an m2 hex, then fit a nut on the reverse side: clue, ensuring the holes correspond with the middle of the hexes in the centre tunnel, and using summat to wedge against the edge of the nuts will help.

Tricky, but perfectly doable...although easier with just a bare chassis, so get stripping ;)

That is probably where it's going, but I can't cut with a dremmel disk without making a big mess. It's a beautiful rc too so I would really like to do something trick.

In a perfect world I could get a tray 3d printed that bolts down into the standard brick points with velcro straps criss crossed.

But don't want to spend more than

Edited by RCbutcher

building a plate that fits to the mounting holes in the chassis is very easy. but it might flex to much as it will have no middle support unless you drill some extra holes in the chassis.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that's what I thought mate so asked bez to see if he can come up with anything. If he dies and it's good I can see him selling tons of them lol. I'm hopefully going to send him the spare chassis and hopefully he makes something gnats easy to install but carry over from one chassis to another. 

Tonight I got the program box 

Proline road rages 

Split 6 rims

Plus have the mip 17mm hexs.

I'm gonna try and fit everything this week and up date this as I go.

The season this car is meant for is fast approaching lol. I can't wait to drift it around screeching the tires lol. 

Hpi ca glue only that glue is the best by far with its hair line nozzle it makes it a doddle. 

Wish me luck who knows ther could be some running next month.

Now question. Would I benefit from a castle bec on this rig at 4s?

Lol mayb hang it on the wall like the baja and start building something else lol.

I'm hoping to have this ready soon you know I like tinkering and building over the running always have but I do wish I would find someone else into rc to go bash with that would make it better. Once I'm driving I'll defo be joining the rc clubs in Derby and stoke tho and I'll have afew beast rcs too take. Ndor I think is one.

I'm tempted to buy a losi dbxl atm mayb the 5ive v2 29cc from eBay at

I have the spare chassis ready to send off to hopefully get something 3d printed to hold this gens ace 4s. But that might take a while as the guy is really busy atm with work and his own projects. But rest assured once it's done it'll be awesome.

I'm thinking of buying a 3s lipo just to use until then but I'm nervous of lipos and having 2 in the house scares me more. I don't trust them or myself with them lol.

I've had the baja a year now and not used it lol. But that's mainly Bcos it will stink afterwards and I thought we was moving soon so it'll be better ther but that hasn't happend yet. But I've slowly brought afew bits for the baja atm I need to wire up the kill switch and fit the dom sc pipe.

BEC only if your going to go with a really powerful servo

It has a savox 1256tg fitted?

I might have mixed up bec with something else but I meant a component that gives an extra level of safety incase of fire? If there's anything that dies that lol.

I'm really nervous the first run will be a fire ball.

Edited by RCbutcher