• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobbyking help

fastish eddie

I know using model sport forum to talk about Hobbyking!!!

I know i checked i was using the UK site but now i have been charged a large shipping fee and now a VAT bill as the order has come from over seas. I am sure i ordered on the UK site. now i cant get into the web site or get a password reset to send to me. but wont let me register as it knows my email address. At this rate it would have been cheaper to get a  Schumacher Mi1v2 :0(

Any ideas or help in cancelling the order.

thanks Eddie

Not sure mate but what did you order Price and what was the tax am mount?

Hobbyking has gone off my radar since they stopped doing the shipping tricks you could tell it to put 10% of the order value. It's cheeky but who isn't when it comes to saving money.

Not sure mate but what did you order Price and what was the tax am mount?

Hobbyking has gone off my radar since they stopped doing the shipping tricks you could tell it to put 10% of the order value. It's cheeky but who isn't when it comes to saving money.

Its cheeky that the government charges you lol

Yeah the gov. Is horrific when it comes to imports. I've just placed an order on HK and rigorously check all items were coming from the UK warehouse. That was a pain because half the things I wanted weren't in stock :(

OK, logged into my account, set the warehouse to UK, then did a search for the TD10.

List came up of the kit and all associated parts, clicked on the kit, the page then displays International Warehouse in blue at the top of the item. The warehouse setting on the top left of the page still shows UK warehouse.

Scroll down the page to the item price and stock levels, it is listed as International as default so if you click order, that is where it is coming from.

You have to click 'view item' for the UK warehouse for it to be displayed there for ordering.

EPIC FAIL Hobbyking!

I reckon this is how your bargain has ended up not being so. Bit cheeky if you ask me, wonder how many other customers have been caught out that way?

• Like 1

Good luck with that! Let us know how you get on, although I fear this may be a path of tension, stress, frustration and ultimately dissatisfaction.

Bit like attending a cheap strip club or lap dancing bar ;)

Thanks for the reply guys Just waiting for the stuff now lol. this is what I was dealing with

I joined there facebook page and explained i couldn't get my password to reset and  retrieve password would not work.

There advice was to go on the live chat and they would help me. yep you guessed it you need to log in to get this service...FFS!!!!!