• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Proline Pro MT owners thread.

shdaxner

14 hours ago, bertberr said:

http://www.rcmart.com/quicrun-brushless-sensored-120a-p-74251.html?cPath=1560_1021

seems good value to me, particularly as it gives you the flexibility to run sensored in the future.

Thanks for that :) it'll be even better if RCmart reply and say they will honour my points :D

On 06/09/2017 at 12:25, Oh How Original said:

Thanks for that :) it'll be even better if RCmart reply and say they will honour my points :D

Read the spill these are recommended for light buggies and touring cars so they may not work to well or too long for a monster truck .. 

1 minute ago, mydoddy69 said:

Read the spill these are recommended for light buggies and touring cars so they may not work to well or too long for a monster truck .. 

I've already made my mind up, I'm going to stick with the search for an SC8 or Max10, simply because I know them well (well, the SC8 anyway) and I have a bit of a gripe with RCmart at the moment.

But thanks for the heads up Rich :) 

On 07/09/2017 at 19:05, Oh How Original said:

I've already made my mind up, I'm going to stick with the search for an SC8 or Max10, simply because I know them well (well, the SC8 anyway) and I have a bit of a gripe with RCmart at the moment.

But thanks for the heads up Rich :) 

Oops to be honest I'd never bothered to look up the spec on that ESC as I just assumed it would be fine running 2s. I did run it on 2s and it never seemed to cause a problem, but then I can't remember if I ever ran it until it cut off. Hence the hard case 2s I left in it. If I'm truthful I kinda liked the over powered bit as long as you're not on a really grippy surface and gentle with the throttle. 

Glad you're enjoying it anyway and hopefully you will get it sorted, I suspect with a better suited ESC, a change of settings and maybe gearing it would be an absolute hoot. A change of motor might ultimately help as well. 

It's hasn't changed much since I brought it so whatever was in the shocks still is the same, I literally used it about six times maximum. 

5 hours ago, Markswebpages said:

Oops to be honest I'd never bothered to look up the spec on that ESC as I just assumed it would be fine running 2s. I did run it on 2s and it never seemed to cause a problem, but then I can't remember if I ever ran it until it cut off. Hence the hard case 2s I left in it. If I'm truthful I kinda liked the over powered bit as long as you're not on a really grippy surface and gentle with the throttle. 

Glad you're enjoying it anyway and hopefully you will get it sorted, I suspect with a better suited ESC, a change of settings and maybe gearing it would be an absolute hoot. A change of motor might ultimately help as well. 

It's hasn't changed much since I brought it so whatever was in the shocks still is the same, I literally used it about six times maximum. 

It's all good, not everything suits everyone mate, I knew the ESC would need changin for my own preference :) the motor is well suited to 2s... But 3s is just too much for a roughly 4000kv motor, in this platform anyway.

It's a shame RCmart have replaced the SC8 in favour of the Max10, they had them really well priced, I knew I should have grabbed one for spare lol.

• 1 month later...

Been looking at a few reviews on YT of the 4x4, and it actually looks like a real decent bit of kit.  With vouchers etc, not bad value too assuming you have suitable leccies already in your parts stash.  Just a shame it doesn't come as a proper kit like the Tekno.

18 hours ago, collective itch said:

my shell is still fine even after the absolute beastings i put this truck through, for that price of the shell i may get another though!

My shells don't last long, but if you see my videos, some of my stuff gets properly beaten lol.

I have 3 now though, orange which is my beater, purple which will be used too and if the paint comes out nice on this blue one, it will be on light duties and shelf duty :P 

If it comes out crap, it'll be smashed eventually :lol: 

16 hours ago, bertberr said:

Been looking at a few reviews on YT of the 4x4, and it actually looks like a real decent bit of kit.  With vouchers etc, not bad value too assuming you have suitable leccies already in your parts stash.  Just a shame it doesn't come as a proper kit like the Tekno.

Yes, it does, I really wish I had bought one now when they had the 15% Halloween code.

If I see a good deal on one I'm just going to buy it and if it turns out to be better than the 2wd I will sell the 2wd roller, pinched the electrics and offset the roller against the new one.

All in all it would cost me around £300 I'd guess.

You can get 15% off still from Tower, based on the online price of 399 usd, so £260 + postage, say £40-50, + VAT & customs at circa £70, so £370-380 to your door.

Due mid-Nov... :thumbsup:

Edited by bertberr

1 hour ago, bertberr said:

You can get 15% off still from Tower, based on the online price of 399 usd, so £260 + postage, say £40-50, + VAT & customs at circa £70, so £370-380 to your door.

Due mid-Nov... :thumbsup:

I can get $60 off a $399 on Towers anyway as part of my super saver club thing, I get a bit more than 'normal' members.

Hmmm, I might just throw caution to the wind! :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Oh How Original said:

I can get $60 off a $399 on Towers anyway as part of my super saver club thing, I get a bit more than 'normal' members.

Hmmm, I might just throw caution to the wind! :rolleyes:

Yup, that's the 15% I was referring to. Nice paint job BTW.

I did plan on finishing the spraying and stickers today, but only got as far as masking, then my mate said lets go out, so gave it a bit of punishment and a very unlucky jump said goodbye to my stud axle.

Hopefully I can find another, but ProMT parts seem hard to come by, so she might be off the road for a while :(

20171103_171044

IMG_8372

Just now, bertberr said:

are they a weak spot, or just unlucky?

Some say they are weak, but I did hit hard directly on the rear wheel, so I think it would have broken on most stuff in the 1/10th range, if I'm honest.

I've hit hard loads before without issue and did the same today, without issue and I was on 3s today.

20171105_133601

20171105_131807

20171105_132622

20171105_131802

Finished the ProMTs new shell and took it outside for some pictures, not ideal, didn't quite get the shots I wanted to, because of the houses etc... But still got some reasonable ones.

I wanted to take it out today, but the weather isn't wanting me to at the moment!

I know I should have cleaned it, but again the plan was to head out, so there wasn't much point!

DSC_8511-2

DSC_8518-2

DSC_8521-2

DSC_8517-2

DSC_8513-2

DSC_8516-2

DSC_8525-2

• Like 1