• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help! Hpi trophy truggy flux issues?

Hi guys

New to the electric world , bought an Hpi trophy truggy flux second hand and it keeps losing speed on acceleration , sometimes won't respond from standstill throttle (very minimal )

Any ideas?

If the steering is fine then it might be LVC (Voltage cut off) Ensure your LiPos are charged fully then try again. :thumbsup:

If the steering is fine then it might be LVC (Voltage cut off) Ensure your LiPos are charged fully then try again. :thumbsup:

Yes did think this will try a full charge and go again and let you know....

And if the steering wasn't then it would be what ?

Cheers for the help

• 3 weeks later...

Yes finally !!

It was a faulty esc !!!

Thanks all and hope it helps you electro like !!!

Unfortunately not, I thought it might be the receiver cutting out so replaced it and still the same, so thought it must be the esc but noooo,  it's still doing it, would I be so unlucky to have had 2 bad esc's 

Unfortunately not, I thought it might be the receiver cutting out so replaced it and still the same, so thought it must be the esc but noooo, it's still doing it, would I be so unlucky to have had 2 bad esc's

Mmm....that would be pretty bad luck to be 2 escs ! But u never know?! Did you replace it with a new or second hand one?

Have you tried using someone else's lipos ?

I feel your pain!

All was replaced with new, could it be the lipos, am fairly new to all this so didn't even think about the lipos

I can only advise what is as told to try mate, but yes dodgy cells in your lipos could be a cause !

Also was advised to get an extronix power cap , only a few quid so worth getting one anyone

Let me know how you get im happy to help !

What model have you got?

It is not normal for lipos to swell a little during normal use. Fact.

Lipos swell when unable to provide the right current draw that the motor demands.

C rating is all important, for an eighth scale, minimum 35c, 40c better, with a minimum of 5000mah.

Do the math: 5ah x 35c = 175a constant

5ah x 40c = 200a constant etc....

Packs should always be able to supply more current than the can needs, ergo, they don't swell and cells 'should' stay healthy.

Power caps can prevent RX brown out, as in, loss of signal owing to high current draw by the servo. Savox are renowned for causing brown outs, other makes not so much. Installing a ubec is the best option of course.

Hth

I can only advise what is as told to try mate, but yes dodgy cells in your lipos could be a cause !

Also was advised to get an extronix power cap , only a few quid so worth getting one anyone

Let me know how you get im happy to help !

What model have you got?

I have a trophy truggy flux, what does rebind the motor mean.

It means nothing.

You bind a RX and TX together, then calibrate the TX with the ESC.

Looks like folk need to do some reading about the basics of running leccy RC's and stop listening to crap advice from 'mates'.

• Like 1