• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HoBao 1/8 Hyper MTe Sport

mydoddy69

+1 on a spur cover and skid plate.

I've tried a no brand cheapo motor in the emb-1 - and once the it's new, it go's fast wore off I'm a bit so so about it - by my experience only it's nowhere near the KV it's rated at (almost 1000kv over the prev motor and yet dropping one tooth on the pinny she's no faster) and cogs like a Pre-WWII adding machine - prob fine as a basher motor, but woeful on the track.  I may be over critical as the stock motor was a 4 pole 4500kv leopard and by everyone's accounts a cracker.  Funds are being scrounged for a Tenshock upgrade that alas is not avail in the Uk in the KV I need (want).

:back2topic:

I hope you don't mind Nige but I've shared that Freeprawn on getting behind the MT on the Hobao UK facebook group- there's a lot of us active on there and some on the fence purchasers of the MT to boot.

I'll let you know about the Tom Cat motor.  I think it'll either be ok or gash lol.  Hopefully it'll be fine though, just I don't know anyone that uses them thats all. ;)

Sure, thank you for sharing, this aint a massive business move though, just like the truck and want to make it easier to own one.  

I might have to let the cat out the bag of what I have planned for the summer too :)  Still not 100% bolted on yet though so will have to keep it under wraps for now.

Nige.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capri-boy said:

+1 on a spur cover and skid plate.

I've tried a no brand cheapo motor in the emb-1 - and once the it's new, it go's fast wore off I'm a bit so so about it - by my experience only it's nowhere near the KV it's rated at (almost 1000kv over the prev motor and yet dropping one tooth on the pinny she's no faster) and cogs like a Pre-WWII adding machine - prob fine as a basher motor, but woeful on the track.  I may be over critical as the stock motor was a 4 pole 4500kv leopard and by everyone's accounts a cracker.  Funds are being scrounged for a Tenshock upgrade that alas is not avail in the Uk in the KV I need (want).

:back2topic:

I hope you don't mind Nige but I've shared that Freeprawn on getting behind the MT on the Hobao UK facebook group- there's a lot of us active on there and some on the fence purchasers of the MT to boot.

Lol didn't even know there was a Hobao UK got a link fella ? 

7 minutes ago, Freeprawn said:

Lol actually good point!!!  Please share:)

32 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Lol didn't even know there was a Hobao UK got a link fella ? 

Not hobao themselves, an owner's group, just in case I wasn't clear.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1428877840699984/

Had a meeting with AAA Racing today,  Good news.

Chassi brace - Yep, no probs, will be £4.99.

Gear cover - No problem, will be about £7.50 to £9.99 depending on how simple we can keep the design.

Skid plate - Will need work, but if they can pull off what I've asked for then it will be awesome.  Only issue is it might be £20 to £25 ish maybe a little more depends again on how complicated the design is.

Looking forward to getting samples made and having Doddy test them!!  :)

Nige.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freeprawn said:

Had a meeting with AAA Racing today,  Good news.

Chassi brace - Yep, no probs, will be £4.99.

Gear cover - No problem, will be about £7.50 to £9.99 depending on how simple we can keep the design.

Skid plate - Will need work, but if they can pull off what I've asked for then it will be awesome.  Only issue is it might be £20 to £25 ish maybe a little more depends again on how complicated the design is.

Looking forward to getting samples made and having Doddy test them!!  :)

Nige.

When will you get the MT plus in stock? Do you know if there is a roller version?

I have just had word off the distributor the Plus won't be here this month and fingers crossed should be here first half of next month, although there is no fixed date at the moment. 

It's not delayed, there are no issues, it's more a general shipping logistics thing.

There will be a Roller version of the Plus and I am expecting to be more or less the same pricing as the current model.

Nige.

Edited by Freeprawn

39 minutes ago, Guns said:

I mean come on, how is this a Monster Truck?

ofnd4374_550.jpg

And whats with the grille? It looks like a Chinese knock off of a Rolls Royce?!!

hobao-racing-announces-new-electric-and-

THATS  A MONSTER TRUCK!!

Personally I like both ;) 

I'm not a fan of the MT shell either, especially in orange.  It's slightly more palatable in silver/blue but still fairly marmite - it does look nice with a wing though.....  At least Hobao tried to be different I suppose, the Plus shell, whilst nice is very same old same old.

21980209664_e91fc97322_o.jpg

25585358880_cd54e7f8bf_o.jpg

But why try to be different? Its a Monster Truck. Its not a stupid Truggy or something. Its a Monster truck. It had a 70s American front end with a weird back, IVe genuinely never seen such a horrendous shell. I read on here Hobao made a MTE, I honestly couldn't find it for a while because I kept seeing "that" failed Truggy attempt lol. And Wing? A Monster Truck shouldnt have a wing!!!

I know shells are replaceable, but it really ruined EVERYTHING about it for me, and was the reason I didnt order a MTE Sport before my RB One R.....

Edited by Guns

Lol it's a shell it's replacble easy enough, surely what really counts is what's under it ? 

The stock MTe shell is a bit marmite but to be honest I didn't buy it for looks and I generally don't buy rc's for looks anyway. I like a pickup shell as you can tell, but it wouldn't be a game changer if it didn't have one 

Personally for me the best looking shell I've seen on this is the one young Devin has on his ;) 

I tried a top kick body and it looked all wrong wheelbase was well off and the length is a tad to long 

The MT plus shell looks okay but I think it's a little toy looking but that might be the paint, out of the 2 personally I like the older one better. Each to his own I guess . 

• Like 1