• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HoBao 1/8 Hyper MTe Sport

mydoddy69

I went with the newer upgraded cvds up front there much stronger than the stock ones even the stock cvds bend on the rear best to get the new upgraded ones all round but your have to swap out the outdrives on the diffs at the same time   :good:

10 minutes ago, Vladocbr said:

No big jumps and etc. Geometry is a perfect. Mydoddy69 which is this newer cvds and what do you mean for diffs?

What the difference between this

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/product/HOP-0083/hobao-mt-front-rear-cvd

and this

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/product/HOP-0083N/hobao-hyper-mt-plus-front-rear-cvd-pr

The top link is the old cvd the bottom ones HOP-0083N are the ones you want but your need these aswell for each set of cvds you change 

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/product/H94077/hobao-hyper-mt-plus-new-diff-outdrive-cups-for-hop-0083n

Hi.

I'm still not purchase the CVD,s but found another solution. The centre driveshaft on HPI Trophy truggy is same size as the MT rear dogbones. They are little thick 4.2mm (hobao 4.0) and really stronger. After few runs they look great. Here in Bulgaria they cost only 11£.:D

Edited by Vladocbr
  • Like 3

Anyone know if you can get stronger bulkheads for these? (Hyper #94004)

I've smashed the one at the front 4 times now, after trying to send mine to the moon.

While I'm waiting for spares to turn up, I've done some slight modding, and managed to fit a 1717 in her. Need another selection of pinions though, as I'm thinking it will want something around the 25t mark. Should be interesting. :D

28 minutes ago, Vr5fx said:

I've smashed the one at the front 4 times now, after trying to send mine to the moon.

While I'm waiting for spares to turn up, I've done some slight modding, and managed to fit a 1717 in her. Need another selection of pinions though, as I'm thinking it will want something around the 25t mark. Should be interesting. :D

:doh:well stop trying to send it to the moon then :rolleyes::lol:

On 8/24/2017 at 06:39, Vladocbr said:

No big jumps and etc. Geometry is a perfect. Mydoddy69 which is this newer cvds and what do you mean for diffs?

What the difference between this

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/product/HOP-0083/hobao-mt-front-rear-cvd

and this

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/product/HOP-0083N/hobao-hyper-mt-plus-front-rear-cvd-pr

I wonder if the new  style  mt4g3  cvds  will fit as these r mega thick. ..way thicker then 4.2mm:yes:

On 02/09/2017 at 13:10, Vr5fx said:

Did you install the bulkhead brace ? There should be one in those spares it came with ? failing that you could try adding some fibreglass car body filler to the weak areas maybe 

Just out of interest how's that Chassis holding up ? 

9 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Did you install the bulkhead brace ? There should be one in those spares it came with ? failing that you could try adding some fibreglass car body filler to the weak areas maybe 

Just out of interest how's that Chassis holding up ? 

Bulkhead brace. WHAT? Just to confirm, it's the diff housing that holds the shock tower that snaps all the time, just took a look and I don't think there is enough room for any type of brace.

I'll have a rummage and see if I can find it.  I think the back has one, but not the front IIRC, will find out later. Parts turned up today, so that's a bonus.

As far as I know the chassis is fine, I'll strip it right down and compare it to a new chassis that I've had for ages.

Edited by Vr5fx

33 minutes ago, Vr5fx said:

Bulkhead brace. WHAT? Just to confirm, it's the diff housing that holds the shock tower that snaps all the time, just took a look and I don't think there is enough room for any type of brace.

I'll have a rummage and see if I can find it.  I think the back has one, but not the front IIRC, will find out later. Parts turned up today, so that's a bonus.

As far as I know the chassis is fine, I'll strip it right down and compare it to a new chassis that I've had for ages.

Its a front shock tower stiffener but I think it's meant to stop those cases from breaking  but I never fitted 

http://www.rc-willpower.com/Cart/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=34905

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Its a front shock tower stiffener but I think it's meant to stop those cases from breaking  but I never fitted 

http://www.rc-willpower.com/Cart/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=34905

Ahhhh, yes, I do have that, not sure how much it would help, the case breaks just under where that sits. Unless it sits against the chassis/steering holder, and stops it from bending back. 

I'll get it installed and see if it makes any difference, though, won't find out any time soon. :thumbsup:

I've always looks at that part and gone... "The hell this for?"

Edited by Vr5fx

I checked out the chassis after stripping it right down.
the only difference I can see with it next to the new is that the front and rear is bent up slightly more than stock.

Not bad for the amount of abuse it gets lol

Edited by Vr5fx
  • Like 1

Ran it with the 1717 in today and a 25t pinion.

To start with, after looking at the state of my old pinion, I backed the slipper off by 1/4 a turn, but that ended up slipping far too much, so wound it back up.

It will double and even triple backflip from stand still, it will self right (albeit, it ended the day for it as the tyre came off the rim, and snapped a bolt on the upper suspension)

I can't get to max throttle on 5 or 6s, as the nose just lifts, and that's game over.... I'm going to make a back bar, and try to get a speed run out of it next week. :D

Then I might drop the gearing down, or put the old motor back in. We shall seeee

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tt3az said:

They should have mounted a center diff on the MT. I really don't see any benefit with a transmission in this day and age.

Tranny is definitely better imo.

Makes it easier on it when pulling off from standstill.

Takes a lot more force to pull off with a CD in and thus heats up the motor pretty quick.

6 hours ago, Vr5fx said:

Ran it with the 1717 in today and a 25t pinion.

To start with, after looking at the state of my old pinion, I backed the slipper off by 1/4 a turn, but that ended up slipping far too much, so wound it back up.

It will double and even triple backflip from stand still, it will self right (albeit, it ended the day for it as the tyre came off the rim, and snapped a bolt on the upper suspension)

I can't get to max throttle on 5 or 6s, as the nose just lifts, and that's game over.... I'm going to make a back bar, and try to get a speed run out of it next week. :D

Then I might drop the gearing down, or put the old motor back in. We shall seeee

We need some footage this sounds awesome :D:good:

23 minutes ago, Vr5fx said:

Been checking out Ebay a lot lately, looks like there any peeps breaking them down.
Not only that, seems like barely any people even use these models.

Hands down, has to be my fav basher.

Starting to regret selling it to be honest 

3 hours ago, Vr5fx said:

Why did you sell it? If you don't mind me asking.

It wasn't getting used much and I wanted to put the funds into another project but it didn't happen and the funds went elsewhere lol 

Has to be one of the best bashers out there if you invest a little time and money, still I got the Tekno to keep me happy for now :D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...