• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HoBao 1/8 Hyper MTe Sport

mydoddy69

Im after  a montser truck and i only just found about this one in my local shop if I buy the rtr all im using it if for is grass I shouldnt need the brace should I ? and are they a reliable truck?

Agree, the steering links are protected by the servo saver. I'd be more interested in finding deletes for the rear, same as the Savvy. True-track type of thing. This will be a weak-point, just as it is on all other MTs that have rear tie-rods.

Are you sure there's no slipper? Seems strange to have no slipper AND no CD. You usually have one or the other.

That's what I thought but going by the manual there is no slipper so it's just a transfer box ?

All will be clear later tho when I open it ! I'll get some pics of what's inside up

As for the links time will tell

Im after  a montser truck and i only just found about this one in my local shop if I buy the rtr all im using it if for is grass I shouldnt need the brace should I ? and are they a reliable truck?

The rtr electrics should be fine, radio gear I have no idea about but it's covered under warranty so should there be any trouble your covered .. As for the brace if your just light bashing over the park say then I really can't see the need for a brace at the minute

Hope that helps

Forget seeing inside the transfer box both grub screws are solid as a rock on the out cups and are now round so will require drilling :(

At least there not going to come loose anytime soon ;)

So yesterday pop to the sorting office and pick up my motor they had been storing for me  :yes: .. had the servo, esc plus rx to hand ..

DSC02877_zpsrc3ap51h.jpg

This morning i proceeded to fit said items but as said before the motor is to big for the band so i modified it 

DSC02878_zpseuzyye1l.jpg

Worked  a treat but took a while ..

Next the servo, had a plate on the rx box which i removed to find a second mounting position for the servo

DSC02866_zpsasn9mvpe.jpg

DSC02882_zpsugwnamgp.jpg

DSC02881_zpszjkkj8fo.jpg

Not sure why they have 2 but i'm guessing it may be something to do with the nitro version ?? anyway went with the stock placement .. One thing i will say is the steering rate needs turning down loads :(.. 

Esc was a simple fit just a bit of servo tape and a cable tie and thats it 

DSC02893_zpsjkh17t5h.jpg

DSC02894_zpstfprlbix.jpg

Just need to pick up some glue for the tyres and some paint for the shell  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Yeah, some Savvy Rx boxes have two servo mounts, it's for the throttle servo.

Getting closer, diffs out for inspection yet? Decided on a brace design?

I decided against the full strip and inspection before its first run reason being i'll get a base feel for it . Thats not to say it won't be getting a strip in the near future and of course ill can some pics up :thumbsup: ..

Brace i have a few ideas i will be putting in practice hopefully more on this in the next few days

So its been almost a week and sad to say i have not had chance to take it out still sorry :(

On a better note i did get chance yesterday to pick up some paint so should have it out hopefully this week sometime  :yes: ..

Anyway intrigue got the better of me and i cracked open the center transfer box, i wanted to check on the non slipper etc so not much to see but i can definitely say there is no slipper or center diff now :thumbsup:  

DSC02895_zpsebf6qdhi.jpg

Not been a complete waste of a week as i have found some old scraps of alloy knocking around and made a brace or 2 !

I like this one the best as it has more material to it but that comes at a price of 62g 

DSC02899_zpsnrpl7nuk.jpg

DSC02900_zpssrthvmaw.jpg

DSC02901_zpsthel86yg.jpg

This one is 43g but its only mounted by a nut and bolt 

DSC02898_zpsxmjsqkh9.jpg

DSC02897_zpsj77ytmpl.jpg

DSC02896_zpsga9cjmbo.jpg

DSC02902_zpsfvrxuzg0.jpg

Now you could of course just use the supports from the motor plate and add a plate to them if you wanted but these are free scraps i had so thought i might as well try this way first. 

So its been almost a week and sad to say i have not had chance to take it out still sorry :(

On a better note i did get chance yesterday to pick up some paint so should have it out hopefully this week sometime  :yes: ..

Anyway intrigue got the better of me and i cracked open the center transfer box, i wanted to check on the non slipper etc so not much to see but i can definitely say there is no slipper or center diff now :thumbsup:  

DSC02895_zpsebf6qdhi.jpg

Not been a complete waste of a week as i have found some old scraps of alloy knocking around and made a brace or 2 !

I like this one the best as it has more material to it but that comes at a price of 62g 

DSC02899_zpsnrpl7nuk.jpg

DSC02900_zpssrthvmaw.jpg

DSC02901_zpsthel86yg.jpg

This one is 43g but its only mounted by a nut and bolt 

DSC02898_zpsxmjsqkh9.jpg

DSC02897_zpsj77ytmpl.jpg

DSC02896_zpsga9cjmbo.jpg

DSC02902_zpsfvrxuzg0.jpg

Now you could of course just use the supports from the motor plate and add a plate to them if you wanted but these are free scraps i had so thought i might as well try this way first. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh and for those that haven't seen it a vid on the so called massive slop in the knuckles ?? there is some but nothing that is not easily fixed IMO .. Lets not forget this is a monster truck not a track car and although slop is not something i like the little thats left is fine on a bash truck IMO.. 

Looks great! Think this thread has definetly made my mind up as to which rc I buy next.

Running vids please ! :)

Can we just confirm, there's no CD AND no slipper? This don't sound right/good.

Yep no CD or Slipper just the gears as pictured, as for being right or wrong good or bad only a god sound thrashing and time will tell but so far so good.

love the shell. ...looks awesome! !so what brace did u go with in the end? ?

Why thankyou kind sir, I went with the one with holes in just for the ease of bolting it on plus by the time I added the nuts and bolts there is not much in it weight wise ..

Vids are coming but it's just finding the time to sit and go through the footage I have editing is not one of my favourite pastimes sorry.