• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which programming card for this ESC?

capri-boy

HI all,

I've run  a couple of the HK 120a/2300kv 1:8 combo's now, all without issue and have been great value.  You can't program these without a card/box though.

25143-5(3).jpg

Hiobbyking suggest this is the right program box for them:

22403-main(1).jpg

and I managed to pick a new one up at our local club, however no matter what i do it doesn't work - box powers up, says press any key to continue but then nothing happens.

Does anyone haveany idea's what I 'm doing wrong or if this is the correct program box?  I've found plenty of users using it for the 10th scale 120a esc's.... 

ta

Using the Rx lead from the esc, tried both sockets on the box too.  There's no 'port' on these like a wp-sc8 etc.

Have you tried the fan conection

There is no fan connection, being waterproof it has a small 2pin lead with socket for the fan.

Mate, read the programmer, for 80-120a turbo esc........

The software on that box is specific for the turbo escs which run sensored only, I use a 120a turbo in my tourer with that exact card.

Edited by NuttyProfessor

Mate, read the programmer, for 80-120a turbo esc........

The software on that box is specific for the turbo escs which run sensored only, I use a 120a turbo in my tourer with that exact card.

Cheers, I'm aware of that... Hobbyking say this IS the box for this combo.  It obv isn't.

So is it a Hobbyking esc or a Turnigy? Sorry to be blunt but its the truth. There is a 80-120a standard programmer I believe, looks the same but no turbo control. Might be worth asking to see if there is anyone local to with a selection of pit cards to try. My Hobbyking 150a, tried a scanner rc pit card from an old esc, fired up and had full control.

That is the listed box for that ESC, just had a check on the site. Less features to change for the 80/120a wp escs over the turbo.

Have one for my wp, non turbo 80a and works fine, connected via the RX lead. Could be a faulty box?

I bought a similar combo with this programmer box and i had to shave the connector pin from the ESC to fit into programmer box.

For me it had 2 ports on where the plug goes in easily but did nothing and the other where i had to do above, bit of a pain in the arse as you have to locate the pins in to the connector at a slight angle even after shaving it down (the plug was shaped to fit into the receiver one way. I shaved the locating bit off with a model knife).

After this works fine.

Iirc, some folk had issues powering up, then worked out the connector on the box was soldered upside down, quick flip of the RX lead and bingo!

Prefer hobbywing personally...

of the two ports on the box which are you plugging the esc into it may help to plug a receiver pack in the yellow power point and the esc in the left hand blue port.

other than that the only option is its a broken box

I bought a similar combo with this programmer box and i had to shave the connector pin from the ESC to fit into programmer box.

For me it had 2 ports on where the plug goes in easily but did nothing and the other where i had to do above, bit of a pain in the arse as you have to locate the pins in to the connector at a slight angle even after shaving it down (the plug was shaped to fit into the receiver one way. I shaved the locating bit off with a model knife).

After this works fine.

Cheers guys, i did shave the Rx plug to fit in, as it has the locater lug but the box doesn't.  It does power up, just doesn't go any further :/  Poss faulty then.  Will add another to the next HK order and try again.

Other than this my HK stuff has been great, equally well as my HW electrics.  Hey ho.

• 2 weeks later...

After waiting a month for delivery from Singapore my programming box (same one) turned up yesterday and I can confirm that it does work for the 120A ESC. The number of settings available is more limited than with the Turbo ESC but as my knowledge of what they do is even more limited I'm going to take that as a bonus. :D

I was expecting to have to trim the lug off the plug but didn't need to although I did have to push it in quite far.

After waiting a month for delivery from Singapore my programming box (same one) turned up yesterday and I can confirm that it does work for the 120A ESC. The number of settings available is more limited than with the Turbo ESC but as my knowledge of what they do is even more limited I'm going to take that as a bonus. :D

I was expecting to have to trim the lug off the plug but didn't need to although I did have to push it in quite far.

Cheers, I must have a duff one then :/

Capri boy where abouts are you I could bring my programming box up ndor Saturday if you want to try it

Cheers Neil, i'm ten minutes off NDOR.  Dont think i've got time to run Sat but might be able to swing past late morning.  Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...