• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hebby's HPI Apache C1 Flux.

hebby

I was also looking at the sc version but not many about and as it's discontinued i worry about parts availability, one thing i like about it is the sc8 cage fits underneath the shell.

I was also looking at the sc version but not many about and as it's discontinued i worry about parts availability, one thing i like about it is the sc8 cage fits underneath the shell.

The only SC parts needed are bumpers, shell and body posts/mounts :) oh and not sure but side bars but will have to look into that :)

Defo thinking of the SC route :) best thing is the Apache is based on the D8 and Vorza so parts are good :)

• Like 1

Further inspection all i would need for the SC conversion is a front and rear bumper, body posts/mounts and body shell. then just to move the ESC to the chassis and its done :)

in total around

The boots, the shoes, the bits it wears on its feet, the bits that touch the ground. ;)

That's handy then. I love an SC, they look so good, but the shells rarely last.

Back on topic, do it! It'll look good and the closed wheel design protects the suspension during inverted landings.

Biggest downside to an SC shell is all the crud that ends up inside the chassis! Any way of reducing that on the Apache? Or are you not too bothered? My Blitz has an over-tray from TBG, does a fine job!

From my first hand experience of the Apache SC Flux, it needs more power to the rear and more power overall.

The one I used was on 4s with stock electrics.

Not sure what gearing or how well the electrics and LiPos had been maintained though, so that could have had something to do with it's lack in power.

Never got to use it off road though as the lad that let me use it didn't like his RC's getting dirty.

Take an MT, 6S and a motor of 1800kv or lower, you wouldn't need more than 120 Amps.

Now take the same car and fit a 2200kv motor and you really want a 150 Amp ESC, the higher kv will draw more current. The Mamba Monster Max is only 120 Amps, that could explain the failure rate? After all, most of them are hooked up to 2000kv to 2200kv motors. They would probably fair better if people kept the gearing sensible, but it's Oh so tempting to add a tooth or two?

Sorry, Hebby, have your thread back. ;)

• Like 1

Nah it's all good mate :) the only reason I would want a 150a combo is for some 6s fun and nothing more :) as for speed on the same ESC and motor I 100% understand the only real way is to either up the battery to 6s which I know the ESC can't handle or get a bigger pinion and smaller spur :)

So ATM my funds are limited so I'm going with option B the spur and pinion route :)

To keep on topic, I have never seen an Apache in the flesh, but it's always better to play it safe, so I'd definitely recommend a 150 Amp ESC, no harm in headroom.

To keep on topic, I have never seen an Apache in the flesh, but it's always better to play it safe, so I'd definitely recommend a 150 Amp ESC, no harm in headroom.

Oh yeah defo got a 150a ESC in mind for the future :) just whilst money is tight ill buy a spur and pinion :)

Vids next! :)

Or should I say "more vids"?

When the crap weather does one i now have a VERY nice DJI Phantom Vision2 + to help with the video footage :)

Edited by hebby