• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TUROK'S YETI XL KIT

turok007

Cheers for that turok, but there out of stock :( hopefully modelsport will have em in next week, enjoy the build mate :)

Cheers for that turok, but there out of stock :( hopefully modelsport will have em in next week, enjoy the build mate :)

it was in stock when i put the link up.  i should of PM it to you.

Definitely want to know how that servo holds up, seems a right bargain.

Let us know what it's like after a good thrashing :D

will do  lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------

ok a few of the plastic parts do not line up and i had to file some bits down to get some holes to line up.  also some parts have seemed to of flexed either in the cooling down process if that is how they are made or it could just be a design error.  i had to flex them back to fit but it was nothing to worry about.

The SCX10 I had was a bit like that.

The axle mouldings were well out of shape and were only held in shape by screwing them together.

did yours have any issues over time.

i don't think it will be a issue.  if it was really bad i would of tried to get a replacement.

the bumper pivots on the lower section.  so on impact the bumper will move in.

Edited by turok007

first real issue the front was a right pain to fit to the chassis i had to loosen all the bottom skid plate bolts.  and even then most holes were still out of line.

How long have u spent on it so far?

could be about 14 hours but been doing other things during building like making baby's bottles also feeding now and again.  i have surprised myself as it is the first kit i have built in many a year.  im very lazy when it comes to RC at the moment as been in the hobby almost 30 years  and i have other projects on the back burner for years.  lol   so im hoping this kit helps me a bit. 

(i wasted a lot of time tonight getting the front to line up also messing around looking at all the manual to sort out things that have been printed wrong )

Edited by turok007

Axial manuals aren't the best, more of a rough guide ;)

Having aligned the parts, is the fit good?

i will do a full report at the end but most parts fit without any real issue.  the only real issue at the moment is the steering rack upright things lol  the parts that fit in the top and bottom of a chassis.  the gap is so small that you cannot see if they are locked into place or not.  so once the screws are fully tight there is a very good chance that they are not in the correct position. 

at this point im going to say that the alloy rear braces are just a placebo  as i tried to twist the arms and nothing really moved in any direction.  so i have left them with the stock plastic braces fitted.  i might be proved wrong when running but the arms seem so strong that i think the ends would snap off first.

Edited by turok007