• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my alza xl savvy....

evssv

Sounds good. Nice idea doing a rebuild over the holidays. Just to check everything and make sure it is good before giving it a good beating again.

I imagine they were pretty mad running on 8S. Mine was already great on 3! I think the jump up to 4 should do it a lot of good, but I feel like 8s is a bit over the top. Mind you, I do have a HPI Bullet that it mental with 1/8 electronics so what can I say about overpowering models. :D

So the nitro roller will be converted to a leccy as well as this one. Don't you like nitro as much? Or why didn't you sell the nitro roller and keep your 8S as it was?

no I'm done with nitro now.:yes:..sold the engine to froggy8 on here....its had a full strip n rebuild and only been ran once so is like new....:yes:..the tread is below this one :yes:...heres the lipo boxes im gonna get

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32835113065.html?spm=a2g0n.search-cache.0.0.22468ed3rhVDXt#autostay

plus it was a newer xl 5.9k so has the hd drive line...easy access diffs ....

Edited by evssv

Fair enough, I have pretty much done the same. Been trying to sell my Bullet's nitro stuff and not had much luck, but I don't use it. Brushless is just so much quicker to get going and I prefer the way you never have to tune it  in the middle of a run.

Sounds like it should be an easy conversion then! I will take a look at the thread a bit later then.

Those battery boxes are a lot cheaper than a lot I have spotted. Look very good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, evssv said:

i got good money on the 8s alza roller so couldn't say no tbh.....:D....plus its too nice to beat up....:rolleyes:.....lame excuse i know:lol:......

If you got good money I understand why you sold it. It can be hard to find a good deal when selling, and if you had another roller anyway and like the work (which we all do) then sounds like you got a good deal. And I get not wanting to beat it up, let someone else do that for you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, evssv said:

yep.....cant bring meself to beat on a sweet rc..:crying:.......sounds daft:rolleyes:.....im surprised ive actully used my 5ive seeing as it was spotless whenni gut it.....but i have so thats that now:lol:

The good thing is once you start using it, it stops being spotless and hence you can beat on it more and more.

• Like 1

quite surprised at how little wear there is on the center cups:D...after a good  few years of 6s abuse:whistling:......shaft on the  left is a the longer alza one..

20171209_165813

may put a irc one up front as there  only 5 quid odds:yes:

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

robbed the motor plate bars out the xl so i'll worry about that laters:yes:......52/17 gearing for now.....the xl is 44/22......motor in and meshed now

20171209_203256

wrong thread  aint it......:doh:............should b in my build thread...not my xl one....:rolleyes:.

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, evssv said:

so 44mm alza motor mount  now ordered.. http://shop.alza-racing.com/en/flux-standard/1-motor-mount.html#/3-motor_mount_savage_flux-44

hopefully b  here by xmas would b good.....:D

Took a week for my stuff to get here, so ought to be here a bit before. He is really good with postage like that.

Did you get the locker as well?

• Like 1