• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6.

That looks ace mate some serious plastiskills. I just brought afew sheets to mess with but doubt I could make owt ide keep lol.

Light bar housing is one thing ide like to try tho.

Well, rather unfortunately, this can't happen.

It's built exactly as I want so far, but I lined it up, and theirs no way of getting the body clips in the rear :(

So I have put it in the TF2, nobody seems to want to buy it, so figured I might as well carry on my plans for that, which was ultimately going to get a decent sized toolbox as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I went for a run with this yesterday, I planned on staying out a while so took two packs with me, almost 5 hours later I was back home, really really good run, went somewhere a bit further into the quarry also, it's a never ending cralwers paradise quite frankly, such a great place to play!

I also got a nice panorama view from were I sat for a few minutes and just relaxed, this only shows a very small portion even as a panorama, but you get the idea :) you'll be best clicking the panorama shot and getting it full sized.

Only one breakage from the day and that was a bolt came out from one of the knuckles, no matter, stick another one in and off you go :)

DSC04420-2_zpsaifkl0oa.jpg

DSC04421-2_zps9e9hnves.jpg

DSC04422-2_zps7lmeq9lb.jpg

DSC04424-2_zpsl4e70cco.jpg

DSC04425-2_zpsn56stkq7.jpg

DSC04427-2_zpsxoio5rdw.jpg

DSC04429-2_zps3smskh2h.jpg

DSC04430-2_zpsunsz3qyq.jpg

DSC04432-2_zpsbscdpwtn.jpg

DSC04433-2_zpsdceiunhh.jpg

DSC04435-2_zpsj6ylrlyn.jpg

DSC04436-2_zpsctyznmob.jpg

DSC04438-2_zps1o3a1j6s.jpg

DSC04440-2_zps4a5i9b1q.jpg

DSC04441-2_zps6tnf6d6p.jpg

DSC04442-2_zpslx00cxg0.jpg

DSC04443-2_zpsn3quwjlk.jpg

DSC04444-2_zpslgiy8iyl.jpg

DSC04445-2_zps7ekrvsdd.jpg

DSC04451-2_zpstldes9yj.jpg

DSC04452-2_zpsdsrv2jcr.jpg

DSC04453-2_zpsdauks9zz.jpg

DSC04454-2_zps8dag32xr.jpg

DSC04455-2_zpsiqzpwecw.jpg

DSC04456-2_zpsbd3k5gtq.jpg

DSC04457-2_zpsyswg1uah.jpg

DSC04458-2_zpsak3jqh2e.jpg

DSC04459-2_zpsxake7xxm.jpg

DSC04460-2_zpslxbjsunp.jpg

DSC04461-2_zpsf3vpvsr5.jpg

Had a little run today, it poured down all night and this morning, but it perked right up mid-afternoon so I thought it'd be rude not to go and get the G6 muddy :D

Did a little video too, you'll have to forgive it's imperfections, it's hard holding a big heavy DLSR while driving the truck and trying not to fall down the banking that was right beside me :)

I have ordered an action camera though, primarily for my Baja, but it should also serve me well in filming my crawlers and scalers too, so expect more footage in future :)

DSC04517-2_zps91p6ou17.jpg

DSC04525-2_zps8tcf80sh.jpg

DSC04527-2_zpsistgadyv.jpg

DSC04533-2_zpsyjjxhiu6.jpg

DSC04535-2_zpsghagnvct.jpg

DSC04537-2_zpsyhedpqof.jpg

DSC04543-2_zpscfj00bua.jpg

DSC04544-2_zpsez6g2juz.jpg

DSC04567-2_zpsq1tkkpde.jpg

DSC04568-2_zpsvk1wlt2w.jpg

DSC04569-2_zpsngwyenkl.jpg

DSC04572-2_zps7th85ewa.jpg

DSC04576-2_zps9ijqhz7z.jpg

DSC04577-2_zpssu8hlt4o.jpg

DSC04579-2_zpsnuj28rjx.jpg

Got it muddy, but not to worry, the joys of fully waterproof RC's, chuck it in the bath :)

DSC04582-2_zpsjbe2d6wc.jpg

Got loads of great places round here.

And my SJ4000 just arrived today.... But the weather is crap, having said that it has been for a few days in the mornings then it's got better mid-afternoon so I might be able to get a bit of footage today, but we'll see what happens weather wise.

This is hopefully better and more enjoyable than the last lol.

Would appreciate some feedback as well :) still new to this whole filming malarky.

Also yes I do get my foot in the shot at one point, you'll have to ignore that, and their was nothing I could do about the lads riding the bike, so again, ignore that.

I'm not trying to make my trucks look full size and whatnot, I just want to follow my little adventures round and hopefully you guys enjoy coming along with me :)

Thats a great piece of filming I only wish I could do it as well, what camera are you using and how do you hold it and controler at the same time, I just end up with crap footage that a 3 year old could have done?

I'm using an SJ4000, I have it mounted to my TX's using the supplied mounts :)

Sometimes you forget to keep the TX focused on the rig though, which gets a bit annoying lol, I've also got my head mount for when I take the Baja out, which will be happening as soon as my replacement shocks arrive.

I'm using an SJ4000, I have it mounted to my TX's using the supplied mounts :)

Sometimes you forget to keep the TX focused on the rig though, which gets a bit annoying lol, I've also got my head mount for when I take the Baja out, which will be happening as soon as my replacement shocks arrive.

Thanks I'll look into that I've been using a cheep key chain camera with the inevitable poor results!

The 808 is actually okay, I used to use one on my quadcopters, but back then I wasn't really into editing them so I never ended up uploading most of them.

These are definitely better though, so far I've been recording in 720p as well, going to try 1080p on the next run, I'm down to 356Gb of storage left on my RC drive though so got to go easy on filming size, will most than likely go back to 720p, it seems perfectly acceptable to watch.

Excellent vid and the soundtrack really suits it too, can see where all the work went in :)

PoorG6 is starting to look fairly beaten on though, how's it all bearing up so far? Be interested to know how the boom racing bits in particular are doing for slop now they've had a decent runtime through them

It's just very dusty mate, once it's had it bath, it looks all nice again... It's very dusty where I run, and on the little walk down what we call tipping lane, it's basically the road into the old brick works/quarry, so it's very stoney annd dusty, the trucks get covered after a few feet :lol:

Everything is holding up lovely actually, I've only had one bolt come out, which was from the bottom of a knuckle, probably from getting hit on roks and it's knocked the threadlock free, aside from that it's really nice stuff.

Hate the wheelnuts, but the rest is good :)