• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

I name this place: Mount Bashy

TurboFurball

A6t0ROJ.jpg

Up at Greenham Common today I wandered over an area I've not bothered with before and found an interesting bit - this is a small part of the edge of a 20m square area with ~3 foot wide straight furrows, on two sides it has the lumpy edges in this photo, which then drop about 4 feet down to a flat area ... lots of room to get a run up and come flying over the crest, and the furrows are really funny for bouncing over :wub:

• Like 1

Yes, you can see what used to be the runway in that photo, in fact!  The actual runway was broken up a while ago, the bunker doors are still there (as seen in Star Wars 7), and a few other remnants, but most of its grass with the odd patch of loose shingle.

It's common land, the grass is kept at bay by cows and horses, the occasional cowpat is a small price to pay for it, lol

I like the look of that, only 20mins up the road for me :)

When it's warmer I'll probably try and organise a meetup in the NHB Bashers forum ... too cold to stay up there for long at the mo, lol

45mins from me, maybe in the warmer months. Petrols a problem there?

Not ideal with horses, cows, kids, dogs, etc, but I have met someone up there running a 5th scale Baja ... the grass isn't very thick so it just got carved up :sadwalk: